Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any dealers left to say hi to Sunday morning at fun ?

Like to stop by and say hi, check out your wares if still around. RJ

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't look promising when I left at 6. I used to stay Sunday's but unfortunately it has turned into all but a ghost town.

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still here Sun till maybe noon if anyone comes in if lots of people come I'll stick around across from Julian my table with the best candy I might add is 1112... btw we sold a ton of coins and went through over 1,000 pieces of candy too

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do understand why dealers want to leave on Sunday... but then the show should simply run through Saturday... It is a big disappointment to those who can only make a Sunday visit. I know, this has been discussed here ad nauseum....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I 100% agree. My son and I are here today and checking out of our room at 10:00 and had planed to stop by the show but now I’m read most will be gone. We’ll still give it one more shot. It’s been a lot of fun :)
    Happy hunting, Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 8:02AM

I do understand why dealers want to leave on Sunday... but then the show should simply run through Saturday... It is a big disappointment to those who can only make a Sunday visit. I know, this has been discussed here ad nauseum....Cheers, RickO

What's needed is more dealer loyalty to the numismatic community, mainly collectors, who without which they wouldn't be able to eat and pay the rent.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Selling coins is a business. A businessman has to be able to balance out his expenses with the possibility of sales. Every national or regional multi-day show has one or two days that are the best and that's the time to be there. Period. By Saturday, many of these dealers have worked six or seven days straight. In the instance of winter FUN, many of these guys will be lucky to get a day or two at the beach before they head out. Loyalty in a non-reciprocal situation is bunkum.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday was always the clean up and or floor samples exchange day for me back when I was doing the variety shows at places including Javits center. Since it would be waste of the time to repack and ship back opened packages for most wholesaler and distributors, we often exchanged for stuffs we can use or gave them out for free to speed up the cleaning process.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭

It should be mentioned in the ads like the Long Beach Show shows does that their may be limited dealers last day (S).

The general public and others are not aware perhaps of it :) .

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

_ Loyalty in a non-reciprocal situation is bunkum._

I can't buy my favorite chicken sandwich on Sunday either.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file