Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I decided to throw something back into the wild today....

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12, 2019 5:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I had a very folded & creased one dollar 1935 silver certificate that I don't even remember how I acquired. At one time it was folded and pressed in to a tiny square which is a shame because otherwise it appeared uncirculated.

Anyway, I decided to purge it from my collection and for fun I spent it at a Quick Chek for coffee and a snack. I didn't think the cashier would notice but he did. He started studying it and I just said, "Yeah, that's a really old one." He replied, "Yes, 1935." Then he stuffed it in the register......

Eventually someone will be happy to get it. :)

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next transaction the cashier makes, he’s pulling it out and replacing it with a new dollar from his wallet.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! I love it!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like finding wheaties in circulation.... have not found a Buff in a long time. I do not put them back in circulation....I guess I am a hoarder... ;):D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting idea. I think I'll try something like that !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just yesterday I was talking with my brother, he is a bus driver in Laughlin, NV and a gal got on his bus and was trying to feed the toll box a 1957 Silver Certificate and it wouldn't take it, he thought because it didn't have the strip, but I told him (but I wasn't sure) it may have been printed without magnetic ink, anyhow she had nothing else and told her to get on and sit down and he handed it back to her

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldEastside said:
    Just yesterday I was talking with my brother, he is a bus driver in Laughlin, NV and a gal got on his bus and was trying to feed the toll box a 1957 Silver Certificate and it wouldn't take it, he thought because it didn't have the strip, but I told him (but I wasn't sure) it may have been printed without magnetic ink, anyhow she had nothing else and told her to get on and sit down and he handed it back to her

Steve

Very good deed! Laughlin is a cool town.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DRUNNER said:
    . . . but on my way to school at a special intersection here in SLC . . . . . . I drop a Buff in the crosswalk (pretty much daily), in the dark. I wonder if anyone comes by to see if there has been a drop that day ?????

Drunner

Jeff, you must not have a nearby tree with a knothole to put those surprises into a la our good friend Arthur Radley.

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhhhh . . . . . . . so perfect a reference!!!! Marty . . . .we someday will meet and toast to Harper Lee . . . . .

Nope . . . . . no tree, and I wouldn't want to be thought of as Boo given my semi-public persona . . . .but in a way . . . . . someone here is really wondering why a simple intersection in Sandy, UT is ending up with a Buff in the crosswalk every day or two . . . .

I sneak a Buff or two into McDonald's or a local convenience store . . . . .and when I feel flush . . .a Merc. I keep the change tray (Ford F-150) in the truck full so I have something fun . . . .a few Warnicks also . . . .

Just setting them free . . . .and hoping someone out there finds them fun.

Of course . . .a roll of 1900 and 1906 Indians to my classes every year also . . . for To Kill a Mockingbird . . . . . .

History . . . . . culture . . . . hope . . . . .

Marty . . . let's keep up the fight . . . . . .!!!

Drunner

• Options

Alright . . .for those of you who wanna fly in . . .

9000 S and 3rd E in old Sandy . . . . right where the construction is going on. Just 400 yards east of the Trax station . . . and I drop it as I turn right headed west down 90th south toward State Street. At the light . . . . . if you went through the light straight, you would be on the Jordan Credit Union Street and the front door of the middle school.

Kudos to several shops (Legacy, Rust/Orem) who sell me those cheap so I can plant them . . . .

Also good for fun prizes in school. A kid who gets a Buff for a good quiz or test score . . . . . might just end up buying our key dates someday!!! Fun to think of a highlight in someone's day . . . . . . . .

Drunner

• Options

I just hope whomever may be finding my 'plants' is not waiting for a 13-S Ty 2 in AU . . . . . or a 26-S in XF . . . . . .

Drunner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file