SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least not here. Gotta like that.

Comments

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

No news is good news!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knock on wood!

• fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

I heard they ran out of mustard for the dogs. That put a damper on the mood and many were shouting for a hanging judge reminiscent of Roy Bean to be located to get justice.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t even heard anyone complain about the weather this year!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday, the hot dog stand was streamlining their operation with the "just in time" customer service approach. Plenty of mustard but a 20 minute wait for the tubular feast.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    Thursday, the hot dog stand was streamlining their operation with the "just in time" customer service approach. Plenty of mustard but a 20 minute wait for the tubular feast.

However, the convention staff was able to reduce the roach problem.... !

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019 4:51PM

2 crimes:

The attendance was so large they ran out of programs Saturday.

They made folks stand outside at show opening (10 AM) for an additional 15 minutes listening to an "award show" that few care about. But the folks getting the awards deserved them. :smiley:

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cheapest hotdog was $5.75! Dang. Thought I had a good deal on my breakfast at I hop...wouldda been if I hadn't order a glass of milk they charged $3 for!

@fc said:
    I heard they ran out of mustard for the dogs. That put a damper on the mood and many were shouting for a hanging judge reminiscent of Roy Bean to be located to get justice.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose high prices seem criminal.

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny/sad that a "no crime" report is exceptional. Not that I'm not glad to hear it.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us hope that these are the worst issues that transpire....All dealers pack a lunch... do not not stop to eat while driving home.... or stay in the car and have it delivered - and be armed. Cheers, RickO

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

5.75 for a hot dog? Geez, they ought to offer bratwurst at that price!

• csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

Just because there were no reports posted does not mean everything was sunshine and smiles. Not every crime or victimization is reported. I would bet more crimes that could happen at a coin show are not reported vs those that are made public by show officials or attendees and dealers. Despite any sense of reflection or insight that could be gained—many people don’t want to lose face amongst other peers if possible.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good thing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, the bad guys are out there watching. Smash and grab is a problem to be avoided. Wise advice from ricko.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kaz said:
    5.75 for a hot dog? Geez, they ought to offer bratwurst at that price!

For that price it should be organic and kosher as well will all the kraut you want!

• hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

I heard (second hand) that a dealer was making change on a purchase, did not re-lock the case and a $1800 coin disappeared . Ouch, Aisle 600

o

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s a crime:

I found an amazing coin in a dealer’s case, asked to see it, said I’ll buy it, and then after he looked at his computer list I was told that it had accidentally been left in the case—when it was actually on-hold for another customer. I offered another $50 on top of his sticker price and still no dice.

That’s at least a misdemeanor for being really annoying. :angry:

• ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    The cheapest hotdog was $5.75! Dang. Thought I had a good deal on my breakfast at I hop...wouldda been if I hadn't order a glass of milk they charged $3 for!

$5.75 for a plain hot dog is robbery! Now I understand why people get mustard all over their shirts. The dealers are so agitated over how much they just spent for the dog and because they are so angry, squeeze the mustard packets so hard that it squirts all over themselves instead of onto that delectable hot dog.

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hickoryridge said:
    I heard (second hand) that a dealer was making change on a purchase, did not re-lock the case and a $1800 coin disappeared . Ouch, Aisle 600

I also talked to him. Another dealer I know had 3 ounces of gold filched.

We doubled down on being careful after hearing about those losses.

Overall the security team did their usual great job along with the FUN staff.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file