My sleepy little town bank produces again.

A two hour drive out of the big city to a small town bank and once again produces the plastic wrapped pennies. Last time I received these types there was nothing newer than 2010. And I already have some possibilities with the 2006 canadian ender.

Comments

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• @Downtown1974 said:
    Fingers crossed for a 43’ copper.

At this point I would take a 43 anything.

• @Downtown1974 ..Flip this, weigh that, look at this, look at that. ten billion more to go, lol.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one of the best ways to spend time.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • coinzzzcoinzzz Posts: 42 ✭✭

i have never got any shrinked wrapped rolls from my bank

• @coinzzz said:

Me either, that's why I travel to lil ole towns that could be holding older goods. The stuff I get local is totally lame.

• 10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭

Do you live near the Canadian border?
    Maybe someone is doing a little currency arbitrage since the Canadian dollar is only worth 75 cents.

• @10000lakes said:
    Do you live near the Canadian border?
    Maybe someone is doing a little currency arbitrage since the Canadian dollar is only worth 75 cents.

No, I'm nearer the southern border in SE TX. Not sure why there were so many Canadians. I have only opened a few of those so far and have found a few more. Saving the best for last :)

• ADGADG Posts: 263 ✭✭✭

Didn't know about plastic wrappers for coin rolls.

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

And here I thought that this was the US Coin Forum :D

• I think I should have chosen my title more carefully. Here I have over 250 views in one night vs. my $200.00 giveaway that doesn't have that many after 2 weeks. Now, I feel like I had better produce something. A, hoser!
    But, that says something cool about collectors, they want to see the goods not your free money. A!

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I always had better luck going through rolls from small-town banks versus suburban Chicago banks.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

@coinzzz said:

I don't think merchants ever liked those, they "unpack" too easily, particularly dimes. Also, I think the "armored" services used this method more so than banks or the Fed.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • rickoricko Posts: 64,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree... small town banks seem to offer the best chances of finding something good... seems like people that put coins in jars or sock drawers etc., periodically take them to the bank rolled. (My Mom used to do that). Cheers, RickO

• There was like 40 or 50 Canadians in the 40 plastic rolls. Life is like a box of chocolates.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I love seeing maple leaves on penny :)

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

I AM HERE ....... let's see the Contest thread!

@CoinscratchFever said:
    I think I should have chosen my title more carefully. Here I have over 250 views in one night vs. my $200.00 giveaway that doesn't have that many after 2 weeks. Now, I feel like I had better produce something. A, hoser!
    But, that says something cool about collectors, they want to see the goods not your free money. A!

• @Paradisefound Not sure how to do that? But, I will start a new conversation in the Forum.