Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kids and coin collecting

ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2019 7:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Digging though some old coins trying to see if I still had my racketeers nickel to post on the v nickel thread. I found a 1930 S standing I got in change with a couple 1923 peace dollars working at a pizza parlor in the 70's. Some teenagers thought a pizza was better than some old coins of their dads I guess 😤 My best find ever!!!!!

My worst coin collection nightmare?

As a single parent of 3 we were a back pew sitter family in case telling them don't make me smack you Bevis didn't work. 👋One Sunday they were passing the plate. Some lady in her infinite wisdom thought passing it to a 8 year old was a good idea. Well of course he dropped it and about 10 billion coins proceeded rolling under 20 rows of pews in front.

Man was I mad I thought I was going to have to chew all those cheapskates out.😌To my son, I had both
Dennis and Menace.......good times😱 Here's one to those kids:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny story, thanks for sharing!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ttown.... Good story and great link to the Ray Stevens song... always get a kick out of his songs... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 10:08AM

@ricko said:
    @ttown.... Good story and great link to the Ray Stevens song... always get a kick out of his songs... Cheers, RickO

Thanks Guys. Sometimes we forget it's a hobby to most of us. I laugh at myself more than anyone. Love me some Ray, of course I was always a little angel 😇 Now my brother on the other hand.... here's him delivering a 🌙 pie at he Dairly Queen drive thru, should have been a Sonic we left there at the speed of sound, but I digress on a coin board.

Iiving about 5 miles from Will Rogers birthplace I can relate to his humor in today's 🌎. Have a blessed day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file