The FUN SHOW is booming om a workday for most.

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Folks were overflowing downstairs waiting for the doors to open. Over 600 came in immediately at opening, I cannot remember a show with the aisles packed w/public in decades. Waiting for a dealer's report,

Comments

  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well now, I guess the sky is not falling after all.

    Didn't think so.

    Walking Liberty Sets

    "Looking back, of course, it was irresponsible, mad, forlorn and idiotic but, if you don't take chances, then you'll never have a winning hand and I have no regrets."--Bernard Cornwell.
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is good, NO?

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • TiborTibor Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭

    While I know many of you deal in/collect coins that are not bullion
    related i.e 16-D Merc., 89-CC Morgan, I'm curious if the recent spike
    in PM's has helped the overall mood at the show.

  • FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What was the average age of the crowd and how does that compare to 20 years ago?


  • Standing room only at the coin auction when I walked by.

  • rickoricko Posts: 63,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to hear there are many attendees.... Hope to see a lot of reports. It would be interesting if someone includes comments on bullion movement... Cheers, RickO

  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 17,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 6:55AM

    Glad to hear that things are busy and there are so many people! Would be great to have some photos of the crowds.

    Some of the pieces I'm following are edging higher and I'm curious to see where they end up.

  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks I2. Hope you meet many forum members. Great to hear a positive report.
    Jim


    No one has ever had a plan to lose money in numismatics, monies lost is a result of not having a plan.

    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good to hear!

  • @FadeToBlack said:
    What was the average age of the crowd and how does that compare to 20 years ago?

    A lot more scooters than previous shows but then again it's Florida. :)

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

    that's always good to hear

  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 1:03PM

    The show is white hot nuclear. The mood is very positive. There's been a steady stream of people at the table, and they're BUYING! Best show I've had since the spring ANA show here in Orlando 2 or 3 years ago. I'm very, very pleased. :)

  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It is nice to see some happy news and positivity in this hobby for a change.

  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

    Yes, I agree with all of the comments. Several of the dealers I talked to have said they've had their best FUN show in years. The crowd finally started to wind down late this afternoon but it was still very crowded until about 3:00 or so. Heck, even the talk I gave this morning at the early hour of 8:00 am had 25 people show up (even without any free food!).

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MoneyMonkey1 said:

    @FadeToBlack said:
    What was the average age of the crowd and how does that compare to 20 years ago?

    A lot more scooters than previous shows but then again it's Florida. :)

    Mostly blue hairs? lol

  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @FadeToBlack said:
    What was the average age of the crowd and how does that compare to 20 years ago?

    Cannot answer that. I only look at the ladies.

  • logger7logger7 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi Insider, what were the most interesting people and coins you interacted with so far? Are you having greater success getting some of your numismatic knowledge across easier in person than online?

  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @logger7 said:
    Hi Insider, what were the most interesting people and coins you interacted with so far? Are you having greater success getting some of your numismatic knowledge across easier in person than online?

    I'll reply later. I'm going for drinks
    with the CU guys.

  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 4:58PM

    Noticed strength in the Morgan listings today.

    (ie got outbid on everything) :'(

  • cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    Good to hear there are many attendees.... Hope to see a lot of reports. It would be interesting if someone includes comments on bullion movement... Cheers, RickO

    I went specifically looking for gold billion. Brought mid 5 figures cash. Didn't spend a dime.

  • FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cmanbb said:

    @ricko said:
    Good to hear there are many attendees.... Hope to see a lot of reports. It would be interesting if someone includes comments on bullion movement... Cheers, RickO

    I went specifically looking for gold billion. Brought mid 5 figures cash. Didn't spend a dime.

    Why not?


  • cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭

    @FadeToBlack said:

    @cmanbb said:

    @ricko said:
    Good to hear there are many attendees.... Hope to see a lot of reports. It would be interesting if someone includes comments on bullion movement... Cheers, RickO

    I went specifically looking for gold billion. Brought mid 5 figures cash. Didn't spend a dime.

    Why not?

    Asking prices. Percentages over spot was not to my liking.

  • FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cmanbb said:

    @FadeToBlack said:

    @cmanbb said:

    @ricko said:
    Good to hear there are many attendees.... Hope to see a lot of reports. It would be interesting if someone includes comments on bullion movement... Cheers, RickO

    I went specifically looking for gold billion. Brought mid 5 figures cash. Didn't spend a dime.

    Why not?

    Asking prices. Percentages over spot was not to my liking.

    So the market is strong and bullish.


Sign In or Register to comment.