Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just want to vent

2»

Comments

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope to hear a good show report from you this week !

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 5:02PM

@keets said:
    this is sort of a good way to start off F.U.N. Show week, I can hardly wait for whoever it that bitches about all the dealers being gone on Sunday. it's refreshing!!! o:)

Why I wouldn't even consider attending. Why bother traveling to an event that most have already left.

Edit: Hoping, maybe even dancing for @Wabbit2313 so long as you are talking blast white untoned coins.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 5:10PM

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Customary to not have hotel rooms early, unless you are an elite member.

The dealer hours are clearly stated on the FUN site and here they are!

Well so are the hours of admission but I found out that at 10 AM when the show is scheduled to open to the public a certain party who is a very entertaining talker is going to have an awards show and like it or not the public will not get in before he's through, :'(

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well he is in now since its plenty past opening, I wish him well tonight! I am sure he is busy maybe come back and give us a update!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn Dude! You should do what I do and I only have to drive 8 hours! I come down on Tuesday...check my coins into security,go check into my hotel and chill! Then I can sleep in in the morning, etc. etc.! Not only will you be much more relaxed and I don't have to deal with the Cluster Fk of all the people trying to get in the back...or the front because I get there about an hour early,check my stuff outta security and am usually 1st or 2nd through the door when they open!

• Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 6:04PM

Just about every hotel policy for check in time sucks! I drive to Raleigh frequently, even in the winter, and check in time is 3:00 PM. You have no empty rooms? BS.

• Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Half of this board got up this morning and went to work, all of them wishing they were at the show. The other half is retired and wished they could be at the show. Suck it up buttercup , 99% of the world would trade places with you in a instant.
    Bob SrvCEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd have just made a point of telling the hotel that this is an annual visit that they won't be capitalizing on next year. As far as the show is concerned, I can understand them wanting to avoid carts and the like during hours where the public is on the floor, in that case the bourse chairman should be able to at least provide you a safe location to store your inventory with security present. You can't be the only Dealer with that issue.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay the $35!!!!!!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    I'd have just made a point of telling the hotel that this is an annual visit that they won't be capitalizing on next year. As far as the show is concerned, I can understand them wanting to avoid carts and the like during hours where the public is on the floor, in that case the bourse chairman should be able to at least provide you a safe location to store your inventory with security present. You can't be the only Dealer with that issue.

LOL! There is a security room that opens Monday if I am not mistaken! I put my stuff in Tuesday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file