Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I've recently encountered a problem with my PM function.

nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Anyone who sends me a PM, I receive it OK. But when I reply, it doesn't get thru. (keeps trying for 48hrs, and notifies me each time of the failure) I know they have their PM's turned on. I've never had this problem in the past. Help???

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.

Best Answers

• Options

@PCGSDev said:

@nankraut said:
    Anyone who sends me a PM, I receive it OK. But when I reply, it doesn't get thru. (keeps trying for 48hrs, and notifies me each time of the failure) I know they have their PM's turned on. I've never had this problem in the past. Help???

Thanks for reaching out! I was able to test this and everything seems to be working fine for me.

When you receive an email regarding a new message or reply, please make sure you are clicking the "Reply:" link in the email. Replying to the email itself will not send a reply to the user.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks Josh...I think you hit on my problem. I'll check it oput.

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.

Answers

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent.

Sorry ;)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this same problem for a couple of years but I can send one reply. I've been in touch with PCGS but it still doesn't work.

• Options

Well--I'm apparently unable to reply to any incoming messages. I've been a member here since Oct. 2002; and this has never happened to me before. So....I'm basically locked out from communicating with anyone. :(

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe contact @PCGSDev?

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if I have this problem also? Sometimes I don't get responses from private messages and I don't know if they are not interested in a coin or they are interested and I don't know becasue I received no message..

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 7:03AM

@thebigeng said:
    I wonder if I have this problem also? Sometimes I don't get responses from private messages and I don't know if they are not interested in a coin or they are interested and I don't know becasue I received no message..

It could be, but I suspect it’s mainly people not replying.
    See here:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1011558/thoughts-increase-in-no-replies

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, thanks for that. I always reply. I think you are right though, any reply is better than nothing. When I used to manage people, I would tell them to always call me back about this or that. Even if it was to tell me to drop dead! At least I know where they stand....

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Maybe contact @PCGSDev?

Good advice....thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file