4 Sharp Corners

2»

Comments

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@softparade said:

@dictoresno1 said:

@70ToppsFanatic said:
    Because of poor communication and customer service experiences 4SC remains my dealer of last resort.

I've called them before to help with a purchase issue, and their customer service was beyond perfect on the phone. I agree that they may fall short with back scans, but I can't say they would be a dealer of last resort. and on a side note, I pride myself on my sales, showing front and back and even magnified corner pictures. it is kinda lame they can't show back scans like other higher volume sellers. but they are probably the most high volume seller there is, so I can understand why they don't.

Many of you so easily accept this because they are a "volume" seller. It's a PSA 10 for Christ's sake. Scan the friggen back. This is their business. Not a hobby. I'm a volume seller in the roofing industry. I don't half ass my job because I'm busy lol

I never said I accept it, I think its lame actually. I just understand why they probably don't, never said I agree with it.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RookieHOFers said:
    I got a nice Christmas card from them signed by about a dozen people. I thought that was a nice touch.

How was the centering on the back? :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@RookieHOFers said:
    I got a nice Christmas card from them signed by about a dozen people. I thought that was a nice touch.

Was it signed on the back?

• Options

@miwlvrn said:

@dictoresno1 said:

it is kinda lame they can't show back scans like other higher volume sellers. but they are probably the most high volume seller there is, so I can understand why they don't.

FWIW, in no particular order, five of the highest volume sportscard sellers on ebay:

COMC: BIN format, all listings have back scans
    PWCC: Auction format, all listings have back scans
    4SC & their NESC offshoot: BIN format, with very few high-dollar exceptions, vast majority of listings do not have back scans
    Probstein: Auction & BIN formats, with very few high-dollar exceptions, vast majority of listings do not have back scans
    Burbank: BIN format, with even less high-dollar exceptions than Probstein, vast majority of listings do not have back scans

One thing to note here is that while this data does not show correlation with BIN vs. Auction format, it does show that the consigning services typically include back scans while the companies who own their inventory do not include them, with Rick being the outlying exception.

I have asked Burbank for dozens of back scans. I always get one within hours.

• Options

A few weeks ago I hit one of their graded bin's on eBay. I received the card in the mail a week later with a dollar & change postage due. I contacted them and informed them of the issue. I was sent an exact "refund" through PayPal, so that was cool. However I did not receive a reply to my email. No "sorry for the inconvenience" or even a "screw off". I was quite disappointed

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    You can ONLY, ONLY! lose a sale from no back scans..... it'll never get you a sale or make a good impression....ever. There is no upside. I think most of you see what I buy regularly...if there is no scan of front and back I do not purchase the card....I request it and get it most times ... but in todays hobby there are grades within grades.... collectors today have a far more discriminating eye.... the lousy, half ass collectors certainly enjoy the hobby and have their place...let them buy the off centered psa 8, 9's and 10's .... someone has to take them off the market. IT WILL NOT BE ME ..unless I decide with all the information in front of me to do so......I work too hard and demand the best my money can provide. I hope you all do too.

I'll add that sellers who tell you they do too much volume to have time ~ are 100% full of crap....businesses have time for business.... that's what business is. Those businesses are lazy and getting away with it.. Their customer is allowing them to get away with it. When enough customers complain you will see back scans with EACH and every sale.....until then~ bend over for lousy service.

Testy, testy. It's called a cost-benefit analysis. Businesses use them every day. Nothing to get all worked up about. You don't like the way they do business, don't buy from them. Simple

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019 3:48PM

Grading guidelines allow for some OC. That’s perfectly fine and I accept it. What I do not accept is the refusal to make available the ability to SEE what you are selling. It amazes me that there are enablers of this rotten way of doing business. Don’t sell the product if you can’t service it. IDGAF if you are just breaking even or losing money. That’s a stupid reason to not offer service on your product. This is 101 type doo doo.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    One other pet peeve of mine with 4SC is their lack of communication around a shipment of an order.

This last order I received no email indicating it shipped. I eventually logged back in to my account and low and behold it shipped. Surprisingly a tracking number was provided too. It is rare on my orders that they provide a tracking number to me.

It was ordered on 12/30, but I have not seen it yet. USPS tracking is giving me my favorite line “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”. USPS issue here, not 4SC.

I would stop using them if they weren’t the only ones with the cards I am looking for. Ah well...

There's complete inconsistency with their shipping practices. Sometimes I get a notification, sometimes I wont. Sometimes I'll get a tracking number, sometimes nothing. It's a roll of the dice. I rely on them a lot for Griffey base set items and it's very frustrating not even being able to tell where my cards are.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Huskies11 said:

@NGS428 said:
    One other pet peeve of mine with 4SC is their lack of communication around a shipment of an order.

This last order I received no email indicating it shipped. I eventually logged back in to my account and low and behold it shipped. Surprisingly a tracking number was provided too. It is rare on my orders that they provide a tracking number to me.

It was ordered on 12/30, but I have not seen it yet. USPS tracking is giving me my favorite line “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”. USPS issue here, not 4SC.

I would stop using them if they weren’t the only ones with the cards I am looking for. Ah well...

There's complete inconsistency with their shipping practices. Sometimes I get a notification, sometimes I wont. Sometimes I'll get a tracking number, sometimes nothing. It's a roll of the dice. I rely on them a lot for Griffey base set items and it's very frustrating not even being able to tell where my cards are.

I have experienced the same thing.

But my recent order was lost in the mail and they were very helpful working with usps. I ended up getting the package. Props to 4SC for that!

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@Huskies11 said:

@NGS428 said:

never had a problem with them...