Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seems that the Big Mac coin craze has settled down.

Comments

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "special sauce" doesn't hold up very well -- gets rancid.

:)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were only redeemable in 2018 during the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

It makes me wonder how much my pet rock is worth.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting. Actually, since the token has expired, $25 for a set still sounds pretty solid. That is about what I paid for mine from the source, and I got stuck eating all those Big Macs!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm holding on to my set.

Thanks for the update!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Twas a silly thing.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting for my stomach to settle down after eating the big macs to get the tokens.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm keeping my set, too. I still think they are cool...

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soon to be forgotten and the subject of a future "What Ever Happened To" thread on this forum.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's a solid price.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally the value was in the opportunity to exchange a token for a Big Mac. Let's say $4 a sandwich or $20 for the set.

Now the value is in the metal (a dime?) and the novelty. The redeeming value is gone.

I'd buy a set at $10 for the novelty. I remember when these first came out and consumed one every weekday when I was in college in the early 70's. (and yes, it didn't kill me)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm jazzed cause I got my set from my good buddy Mango in Hawaii. Thanks Pf, you're the best. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

So all of the artery clogging by forum members was for nothing?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have 1 token, should have cashed it in for a Big Mac before it expired !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still plan on keeping my set also. Plus I have one from Korea , thanks to Tychojoe!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file