Could this be the elusive #4?

Best Answers

Answers

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a serious question? :/

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

I know I have had some wine tonight but do you not see the doubling?

@Paradisefound ...I know shes been rode hard and put up wet but, take a closer look!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019 10:36PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

Is that a reference to DDO-4?

Look for the die markers: cud by LIBERTY and scratches. Hard to see with all the PMD. Based upon your pics and below links... looks to messed-up.

http://varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1972PDDO004.htm

http://lincolncentresource.com/doubledies/1972ddo4.html

Just have a 2nd pour .... oh yes I did see the slight doubling seriously .... before the pour :):p

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Paradisefound said:

I know I have had some wine tonight but do you not see the doubling?

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is 8..... The OP's coin looks to be a very LDS

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe this would help

just some filters to help. looks intenitional

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin is basically destroyed.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul .. Yes, it is a dirty puke no doubt but if you only knew how many thousands I have gone through and to find anything. Thanks for the...Aarrrgg!

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can well imagine!

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019 6:35AM

"I need professional help"
    Are we talkin about coins ?

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

if it is, then damaged as bad as that, I really cant see who would want it anyway to be honest.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, I get this everyday in the shop either on a phone call with texted pictures, and dropping by. I don't mind helping folks anyway I can, I have to thank my old mentors for the questions I asked back when I was a young Numi. But some of these people just refuse to accept the answer you give them that theirs isn't a variety, or its not this or that. They just keep coming and coming with nothing. I got one guy that drives an hour every other day to show me a 69-s double die, 83 penny on copper ,a 43 copper, 82-d small date copper cent, of course which it never is.

one lady text bombs me daily with pictures of nothing ! (same type stuff as above) 1990-s no s pennies that are BU, and stuff lie that as well.

@jdimmick said:
    if it is, then damaged as bad as that, I really cant see who would want it anyway to be honest.

Yes, I know its not worth the copper its printed on, just wanted some clarification for future diagnosting. In the future I will keep it limited to non damaged, if possible :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There does appear to be some slight doubling... but damage is so bad....Not sure it is worth submitting...Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:

It's good for the simple reason it would be valid as a specimen of the variety. It won't make the social pages, but it is what it is.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

I am sorry for being skeptical first ..... too many parking lot thread since I arrived ;)

@Paradisefound said:
    I am sorry for being skeptical first ..... too many parking lot thread since I arrived ;)

No worries - I poured the whole bottle :)

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    By the way, I get this everyday in the shop either on a phone call with texted pictures, and dropping by. I don't mind helping folks anyway I can, I have to thank my old mentors for the questions I asked back when I was a young Numi. But some of these people just refuse to accept the answer you give them that theirs isn't a variety, or its not this or that. They just keep coming and coming with nothing. I got one guy that drives an hour every other day to show me a 69-s double die, 83 penny on copper ,a 43 copper, 82-d small date copper cent, of course which it never is.

one lady text bombs me daily with pictures of nothing ! (same type stuff as above) 1990-s no s pennies that are BU, and stuff lie that as well.

Another reason I do not have a cell phone.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

It's die 3.
    Even in this rough shape it would fetch a buck or two.
    Quite a nice curculation find, @CoinscratchFever .
    Nice eye and perseverance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file