Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

0 my gosh again!!

some of you already know my first box of the year and got my first v nickel well i just got my second box and got another of the same date (1906)

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in the early 1960's I went through many, many bags of nickels and only found one Liberty nickel. For you to find two in such a short period of time is exceptional. I wonder if heirs are starting to dump the low value content of old coin collections back into circulation. They may think such coins are not worth the bother of trying to sell them (and they are probably right).

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Noice! Keep going. You sir/mam are on a roll!!!!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Sept of 2016 I found 77 Liberty nickels in one box, dated from 1888 - 1912-D. All I can figure is that someone dumped rolls of them in a coin machine somewhere.

Last week I got $60 in CWR cents from my credit union, usually I don't search cents that much anymore - but this load churned out 251 wheats dated from 1916 - 1958. About 4000 of the coins were in rolls that had been wrapped in ca. 1974 as that was the last date in the coins.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that from Littleton?

thefinn
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been thinking about dropping a few into circulation myself!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome and congrats!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet!

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have got 3 on the table to send back out in the world.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have yet to find a V nickel in change.
    (Going back 45+ years.)
    NADA.
    Nice find(s).

• Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I've released cull V nickels and IHCs into the wild at convenience stores and grocery stores. Haven't done it for about a decade, though.

Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always spending these and no-date buffs. The looks I get are priceless.

• Options
    RittenhouseRittenhouse Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:
    I'm always spending these and no-date buffs. The looks I get are priceless.

In the 90's and early 2000's, I'd walk up and down the main street in town at lunchtime and put dateless V and Buff nics in parking meters about to expire. Saved some folks a ticket plus it drove my friend, who owned the local coin shop, nuts.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is great... I have not had a V nickel in change since I was a kid....Congratulations on finding two.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Noice! Keep going. You sir/mam are on a roll!!!!!

No.......the coin was found IN a roll! ;)

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

Usually release Buffaloes back into the wild during coin month...April.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 1911 that looked just like that one is what got me started in collecting over 40 years ago.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! That's really cool. Time to celebrate, here I'll put on a song on the jukebox....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGeVtLOsYo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file