Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jumbo Mail day

These new JUMBO holders are huge :)
Not sure how I will store these since all of my other slabs are in binders...
Smaller slabs shown for scale.

Comments

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:13AM

• Options

The ONLY thing I don't like about the jumbo holders: they're heavy and take up a tremendous amount of space... Stack 20 of them on top of each other and you need a forklift to move it.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff! The items really do look great in the holders, I've been holding out on submitting, but man, your stuff looks great.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree that those look good in the holders. Nice looking collection you have.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I may try to submit a complete Hostess box. I think it should fit. There is a back panel with three cards on it.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I may try to submit a complete Hostess box. I think it should fit.

If it fits I don’t see why they wouldn’t slab it. You might need to bend back the side flaps...

• Options

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:
    The ONLY thing I don't like about the jumbo holders: they're heavy and take up a tremendous amount of space... Stack 20 of them on top of each other and you need a forklift to move it.

I’m finding that they don’t stack well at all... regular slabs fit fairly snug but unless I’m doing something wrong the Jumbo’s do not.

Thanks for the other comments on my items guys.

Ben

• Options

@bswhiten said:

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I may try to submit a complete Hostess box. I think it should fit.

If it fits I don’t see why they wouldn’t slab it. You might need to bend back the side flaps...

I appreciate the demonstration. I'll need to submit and get this done under the jumbo special

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Yep they fit :) just fold in the flaps.

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I may try to submit a complete Hostess box. I think it should fit. There is a back panel with three cards on it.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ho ho's and milk........ a legendary combo.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, tremendous poppage! I helped run a group sub of jumbos. Can't wait for those to pop!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Yes, I should have sent in my whole Hostess box. Next time!

• Options

Yesterday's other mail... :) just scanned.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@bswhiten said:

Yep they fit :) just fold in the flaps.

@wrestlingcardking said:

WHAT THE .... MIND BLOWN !!!

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 7:08AM

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, those two Requenas - the Mantle and Maris/Mantle - are absolutely gorgeous.

• Options

A couple more....still need to scan them though. 4 more in the mail to PSA.

Has to be one of the worst pics of Mick :)

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

How long did it take to grade them? I’m asking because I have some that were logged a few weeks ago. :)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bswhiten said:
    A couple more....still need to scan them though. 4 more in the mail to PSA.

Has to be one of the worst pics of Mick :)

Awesome!!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@45isodd said:
    How long did it take to grade them? I’m asking because I have some that were logged a few weeks ago. :)

If it helps, my first Jumbo was logged 3/13 and popped today with shipment likely tonight or Monday. That’s 22 business days and within the 25 day guideline.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

My Jumbo regular submission from last week took 40 days, but it always takes a little longer it seems when they are the first to be graded and some research is involved. I was more than happy to wait :)

• Options

Picked up the “Small” variation of the horrible pic Mick :)

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@bswhiten said:
    My Jumbo regular submission from last week took 40 days, but it always takes a little longer it seems when they are the first to be graded and some research is involved. I was more than happy to wait :)

i sent bulk Jumbo, with the special they had last quarter, will post results when i get my Panamanian Jumbos...

• Options

First time I have seen this with a Jumbo submission - PSA is adding a thin plastic sheet to the back of the premium. Anyone else notice this???

Might be tough to see, but it does show Newton Rings (why it looks wet)? or similar and my OCD goes nuts with it not being perfectly centered in all cases or cut to match the premium.

My guess is that the additional plastic prevents the thin premium from moving too much. Thoughts?
    The premiums are probably too thin to sleeve as well.