Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2018 Nickel Reverse. I’m calling it the Clumsy Mouse. Poor thing feel off the roof.

Die chip formed into a mouse. 😂

Comments

• Options
    ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭

That is one huge mouse! ;)

• Options
    TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I fount another nickel. Poor mouse splatted into the wall😔

• Options

Fount 2 more..

• Options

I think I fount a whole roll of them. What to do what to do. ??

• Options

Plus there is another chip on the right side as well. It’s beside the FS. On all of them. ???

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool....nice eye you have.
    Interesting die chips/breaks.
    Maybe instead of mice, they are lemmings ?

• Options
    edited January 1, 2019 3:04PM

Came out of 4 rolls of nickels. All 2018. I’m confused now and don’t know what I have fount should I be over there in the Q & A forum. Is this a known error????

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its time that Monticello gets a couple house cats

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Timbobb

Your enthusiasm and naming conventions on coins has brought a smile to my face. Thank you and Happy New Year!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the first one and the name you assigned.... The others are interesting as well....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monticello needs a cat.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018 9:30AM

@Timbobb said: "Fount 2 more.

That looks like a squirrel going up the building.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super cool find.

Ebay is your friend.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess if you discover it, you can name it, and if you can hype it into sales then go for it!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, put them up for sale on eBay.

I think you'll learn a lot from the experience.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think those are rats.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018 11:54AM

@JBK said:
    I guess if you discover it, you can name it, and if you can hype it into sales then go for it!

Market the heck out of it !!!!!

BUY more rolls from the source if you can.

You need better photography. Only sell ONE of each variety per week. Put no more than one of each variety up at a time. Do NOT flood the market.

I started my business by selling coins like that. Put all your profits into buying better coins.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@JBK said:

Market the heck out of it !!!!!

BUY more rolls from the source if you can.

You need better photography. Only sell ONE of each variety per week. Put no more than one of each variety up at a time. Do NOT flood the market.

I started my business by selling coins like that. Put all your profits into buying better coins.

OK, @Timbobb - you have your business model, and it has proven to work. So, get on it! Let us know how it goes.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Timbobb said:
    I think I fount a whole roll of them. What to do what to do. ??

Sell me one or two, for starters lol. But seriously, PM me and I’ll buy a few

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first pic looks like the (rat or mouse) is doing a header off the roof. The in another he is scurrying back up!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aarrrgg! Thems be rats jumpin ship.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited January 2, 2019 8:00PM

These are probably in circulation everywhere. I fount one in pocket change. 150 miles from the homestead. If someone finds one let me know. These should be common now in the Philadelphia mint. I’ve only fount one like the first picture of the mouse falling from the roof. Happy Hunting. 🧐

• Options

Well well. Looks like the mice started in 2007 u all.. Oh yeah!! Looks like they looking up the wall. While the other one on the other side. Well he fell. 🤣 Yeah they needs some cats..😺

🐹🐹🙀🙀

• Options

I posted one on EBay. The squirrel running up the Monticello. Let’s see if it gets any bids.

• Options

I fount one that looks like this. Will go on EBay maybe be the last one. I have not seen one like this. It’s a monster taking over the Monticello.

• Options

Let’s see how the auctions go. Then I will sell this one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file