Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New member.

Hello. My name is Phil and I have been an daily reader for years. I have learned so much from the posts of many members. I have finally decided to join the community. I collect primarily vintage baseball cards and have spent a vast amount of time and resources upgrading my 1961 Topps PSA 8's into 9's. I look forward to participating in future discussions. Here is my recent acquisition:

Comments

• Nice looking Ernie! Welcome to the forum.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:26AM

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome! I'm just at the start, for the most part of a 61 set so I'm thinking you could be a great source of knowledge!!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking Banks card for sure. Welcome.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Welcome. I have done the 61 set, ungraded, and like it a lot. Do you do the variations to the set as well ?

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you all for the warm welcoming.

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Welcome! I'm just at the start, for the most part of a 61 set so I'm thinking you could be a great source of knowledge!!

I hope I can be of some assistance to you. Good luck with the endeavor.

@bishop said:
    Welcome. I have done the 61 set, ungraded, and like it a lot. Do you do the variations to the set as well ?

I currently completed the master set in 8's and I too have a raw set completed with all variations. The hardest variation for me was acquiring #492 Ron Fairly Green ball.

@MLBdays said:
    Phil.....the first step is admitting you have a problem..... I hope you find serenity here....say 3 Hail Mary's every hour on the hour for the next 6 hours.....welcome....gorgeous MINT 9 !

Yes it is a sickness. The worst part is when I lose my collecting focus and end up purchasing other graded cards for no other reason other than there wasn't a 61 readily available. Thanks.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,hello, how are ya? - welcome - :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, beautiful card!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

gorgeous card

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    Hello. My name is Phil and I have been an daily reader for years. I have learned so much from the posts of many members. I have finally decided to join the community. I collect primarily vintage baseball cards and have spent a vast amount of time and resources upgrading my 1961 Topps PSA 8's into 9's. I look forward to participating in future discussions. Here is my recent acquisition:

<<< I collect primarily vintage baseball cards and have spent a vast amount of time and resources upgrading my 1961 Topps PSA 8's into 9's. >>>

I've got the same damn addiction problem with the Topps baseball 1962 set. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest