Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay buyer returning graded cards

Recently sold several graded cards to this buyer, now I got multiple messages from eBay saying the buyer wants to return these cards because he changed his mind, see attached message. Since when is changing your mind a viable reason for a return, he didn’t even open a case where I had a chance to respond, I just got all of these eBay messages saying the return was automatically approved. He also said some of the cards arrived damaged, I’d put the possibility of that at zero % seeing the cards were wrapped in bubble wrap, protected by packing peanuts, and double boxed. That package could have been dropped kicked from the post office to the buyer without a scratch. Obviously the buyer is a scammer, can’t wait to see what I get back from him, but I sense it will not be what I sent him

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Have to just move on.....

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

If you have returns enabled, the buyer doesn't need a reason. Like you said, it's automatically approved.

If you didn't have returns enabled, they'd need to open a SNAD case and list a reason, which you could then dispute.

• Options

I’d have to look to see if I have returns enabled, if so that’s on me. But selling only graded cards and not too often I wouldn’t think there would be many buyers wanting to return PSA cards

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@81 Topps Guy said:
    I’d have to look to see if I have returns enabled, if so that’s on me. But selling only graded cards and not too often I wouldn’t think there would be many buyers wanting to return PSA cards

Some of them do it to look for possible upgrade-able cards.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

‘Some of the cards arrived damaged’

This is concerning. I’d be worried about slabs cracked by the buyer and the cards replaced. Let us know how it goes. Maybe the guy just overspent on Christmas and needed some cash back.

I hope it works out well and it was just a case of strange buyer and not nefarious buyer.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this. Just part of selling on ebay. Hope everything works out for you.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

Unless the cards were in fact damaged, then be sure to add him to your blocked bidder list. Based on the higher quality vintage aspect of the item pictured this is not the kind of buyer that quality sellers would like to encounter. So if the cards were not damaged posting the Ebay ID could help prevent other good sellers from wasting their time.

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

I would love to add this buyer to my blocked list. Please share the ID when you feel it is appropriate.

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@DoctorK said:
    I would love to add this buyer to my blocked list. Please share the ID when you feel it is appropriate.

I will, waiting to get the cards back

• Options

My advice: Use your cell phone and record a video of you opening the package when you get it back... If he sent you something other than what you sent him, at least you'll have proof of what he returned.

I've offered eBay returns on graded cards for almost 10 years. and I've never been scammed in that way... I've had a few cracked slabs returned, but never had anyone replace a card or send me an empty envelope... If that indeed happens, don't just report it to eBay, file a police report in the buyer's hometown and use the video as evidence.

Good luck.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Good advice

Better yet open it in front of someone such as a P O employee...and yes while being filmed.

EBAY may not care but the PO doesn't want mail fraud

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:
    Name the buyer

This

• Options

Planning on giving the name, I’m still waiting for the return though