Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TrueView Template Changes

13»

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed the slab insert has the gold shield added to the back, too...

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 11:25AM

@PCGSPhoto said:

@ReadyFireAim said:
    How about dark side coins?
    Every time I get a coin from Europe, the TrueView is this messed up slab pic..

That’s not a TrueView, but the slab scans we produce at the Paris, HK and Shanghai offices.

So... If I have coins with slab scans, does it follow that they were certified in one of the offices mentioned? Thanks.

Such as this:

(edited to add example)

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I noticed the slab insert has the gold shield added to the back, too...

I had to go check... and they sure do!

The older GS slabs did not have the GS on the back.

Thanks for this added tidbit of knowledge @Ashland.

• Options

@tradedollarnut said:
    On a side note - why can we no longer download the largest version? These were necessary to see minor details

Do you have an example of this? I can still see the max download as an option on the TV pages.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options

@Aotearoa said:

@PCGSPhoto said:

@ReadyFireAim said:

That’s not a TrueView, but the slab scans we produce at the Paris, HK and Shanghai offices.

So... If I have coins with slab scans, does it follow that they were certified in one of the offices mentioned? Thanks.

Such as this:

(edited to add example)

Coins submitted to use via Hong Kong Express and Paris Express also get the slab scans, this is an example of a coin that used one of those services.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:

@Aotearoa said:

@PCGSPhoto said:

@ReadyFireAim said:

Such as this:

(edited to add example)

Coins submitted to use via Hong Kong Express and Paris Express also get the slab scans, this is an example of a coin that used one of those services.

Thanks! I learned something today...

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:

@tradedollarnut said:
    On a side note - why can we no longer download the largest version? These were necessary to see minor details

Do you have an example of this? I can still see the max download as an option on the TV pages.

On CoinFacts. You used to be able to click on the image and have the option to download full size. Very important when trying to assess small details

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut said:

@PCGSPhoto said:

@tradedollarnut said:

On CoinFacts. You used to be able to click on the image and have the option to download full size. Very important when trying to assess small details

You can still do this. Click on the image to load it, then click on the little arrow next to the X, top right.

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

The photos are nice. However, using a drop shadow obscures the rim boundary (as well as hiding selection flaws).

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2023 10:55AM

@PCGSPhoto said:

I think there were a lot of fans of the black background, especially if it was optional.

Is there any update on possibility of getting a black background?

I've noticed that ATS "Image Secure" images come in both whiteish and blackish backgrounds now.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@PCGSPhoto said:

I think there were a lot of fans of the black background, especially if it was optional.

I've noticed that ATS "Image Secure" images come in both whiteish and blackish backgrounds now.

CACG also provides both backgrounds.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2023 1:07PM

Maybe consider something similar to these, only with an easier to read font? I noticed my posts seem to get more likes with this background than with a lot of others I’ve tried.

And also each could offer a minimalist white or black backgrounds similar to these.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    edited December 23, 2023 3:07PM

Maybe just give people just the coin images with no background and they get to pick from a few different styles for an extra $5 and call it Trueview+ ?

And maybe an upgrade to automatic loadable Virtual Coin albums where the Trueviews just pop in in seconds. You just scan the barcode and it pops in the Trueview images and updates the text to change the description. It can even automatically give you the proper size proportion and picks the most symmetrical layout possible. Optional virtual prong removal for older holders submitted for in-slab Trueviews with an automatic inconspicuous watermark footnote saying ( *AI-enhanced virtual prong removal ) so as not to accidentally trick people and/or offend purists.

Anyways, that’s how I would do it, but I’m probably biased

Mr_Spud

• Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    Maybe just give people just the coin images with no background and they get to pick from a few different styles for an extra $5 and call it Trueview+ ?
    And maybe an upgrade to automatic loadable Virtual Coin albums where the Trueviews just pop in in seconds. You just scan the barcode and it pops in the Trueview images and updates the text to change the description. It can even automatically give you the proper size proportion and picks the most symmetrical layout possible. Optional virtual prong removal for older holders submitted for in-slab Trueviews with an automatic inconspicuous watermark footnote saying ( *AI-enhanced virtual prong removal ) so as not to accidentally trick people and/or offend purists.

>

Anyways, that’s how I would do it, but I’m probably biased

For those not aware - PCGS already provides the options for TV photos including a Transparent view which is great for those pieces with a Hole in them.

I routinely download these using my own background images.
    Maybe PCGS can have the background options as part of the down load that the User can combine- But for not more $. When I pick up a piece that are already in TV - I will download the various images for my library. I also use them to build a custom coin photo album using one of the many online photo book websites.

I do like the concept of optional back grounds .... I am not keen on too much info however on the TV. Simple is nice .

• Options

@retirednow Yes, I use those too and figured out how to do the same with my own images so I can pop them into virtual backgrounds and virtual coin albums. So, what I suggested above is easily doable

Mr_Spud

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@Zoins said:

@PCGSPhoto said:

CACG also provides both backgrounds.

Actually, that's what I meant by ATS. I figure there are few orgs ATS now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file