Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Didn't need it but I bought it anyway. Couldn't let it go.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to get this coin next week. Love the strike of this 1913 D T1 Buffalo Nickel. The cape and foreleg hair is amazing. A little wear, but struck so well, shame the rim isn't complete on the rear.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Buffalo! Congrats!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess we really don't need any coins.....but hey, if you like it and can swing it, why not?

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep-that's a virtual full strike for sure!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what a strike! Congrats!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken ....... been there many times; the difference is yours is a keeper :)

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad this set of photos was not the only ones or I might have thought it to be MS. Can't get over the strike.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful nickel. I love your gold super stroke Buffalo

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have bad habits. Great hobby, though.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin is a good teaching coin. It shows the reason why the Mint had a heart attack and replaced the reverse.

The slight discoloration in the letters N, T, and S in the Denomination gives a clear look at the extremely early wear pattern present on the coin.

As the type ! coins continued to wear, this area began to obscure those letters, and the Mint did not want the Denomination obscured. So they scrambled to strengthen the area to protect it from wear.

The 1913 Type II Nickel was born.

Your coin also shows the superior strike that a good percentage of Denver Mint Type I Nickels exhibited.

The Denver Nickel is a superior coin for submission into a Type Set.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a keeper!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very impressive Buff... Great detail, must have been awesome when new...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file