Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

10 days COUNT DOWN Contest . Just in time for your Stocking Stuffing ******Winner has been picked*

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 25, 2018 8:54AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Beautiful ........ with mile long mirror field ..... 2009 - DC "proofed" silver Over Strike, Weinman Eagle Reverse

Thank you @dcarr :)

Post your reasons for being grateful this holiday season <3

*picture borrowed from @PipestonePete

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am grateful for family and friends who put up with my shenanigans throughout the year...next year will probably be no exception!

Thank you @Paradisefound for your generosity from the past year and a half!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Mom who lives with me is still able to be with us! My wife....who is having problems is finally starting to follow Doctors orders but is still miserable. :(....I'm still fine although I haven't seen a Doctor in 20 years....call me stubborn and hopeful!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018 10:31PM

Thankful for the little bitty low mintage coins that survived the Civil and 9 other wars and are safely housed in a non CACable holder!!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grateful for the friends here on the forum. Eyes opened to more wonderful art through numismatics that I wouldn't even be aware of otherwise. Thank you..

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 , I thought it was a hemorrhoidectomy?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been very blessed in my life. Being born, raised and educated in Hawaii has been so special to me and my family. Hawaii is truly the melting pot of people of all ethnic backgrounds, religions, genders, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for being from Hawaii. :)

Mahalo(Thanks) and Aloha !!! <3

Timbuk3
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greatful for my life-long love, partner, and wife. My grown-up children. My extended family. And the fun in this forum.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Happy healthy and debt free

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018 9:16PM

I'd be grateful if you would take my entry out of the hat.
    I already have a few of these pieces and it wouldn't be fair to others to try and win another.

Thank you and good luck to the others.

• Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Everyone is always grateful for their health and the health of their family members. My philosophy is "There are only so many sunrises" in your life and I'm grateful just to see another one. But most of all I'm grateful that tragedy has not struck my family in the last few years.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018 5:37AM

Thankful for my wife and kids - they are the joy that keeps on giving (along with 2 grandkids being born this year!).

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Beautiful ........ with mile long mirror field ..... 2009 - DC "proofed" silver Over Strike, Weinman Eagle Reverse

Thank you @dcarr :)

Post your reasons for being grateful this holiday season <3

*picture borrowed from @PipestonePete

When I was a child it was an 09s vdb and how much is that? Now, I am thankful I can see the beauty of the coins, their art, history and real value manifest in so many ways. The ability to truly see what the coin has done for my family all those memories of traveling from Cornish, NH Augustus Saint Gaudens through to Fort Sumter and so many places to name in between. I am happy this hobby and the people in it brought out so much more life, just living.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm grateful for the health of my family. Everything good here.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still breathing

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I’m grateful for the hard times and struggles, for without them I would not have a deep appreciation for the simple things in life.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for reminding us about gratitude, I should be more mindful of a healthy attitude of gratitude as resentments can really get us in the wrong frame of mind. As many of the economic problems I have had originated with not getting advice out of my own noggin, hopefully I will be seeking out more advice and with proper give and take, balance.

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

A reason for being grateful for remaining friendships this holiday season is having lost a friend as the season began.

• Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

I'm grateful for many things. A great wife of 35+ years, two grown children who are both in loving marriages. One with our first grandchild expected due date of January 7th. A bunch of wacky friends who we will see tonight at the Christmas party for our car club.
    The man above has been very good to us.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am grateful for a fantastic life (Thanks Mom), a fantastic wife, three fantastic daughters and five fantastic grandchildren....Much of my life, if written, would be discounted as fiction... However, it happened, I survived and still laughing....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018 7:33AM

Thankful for my loving wife and daughter who make my life a joy. When faced with adversity it is the love of your family (and some special doctors and nurses) who pull you through. Spend the time to tell your love ones how much you love and appreciate them. <3

Loving life everyday.
    Bobby

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

I am thankful for my wife of 44 years, my daughter, and my little sweetheart granddaughter. I am so lucky and blessed to have them.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am grateful for being alive, and having a patient wonderful wife.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018 8:40AM

Congrats @Catbert for your wonderful new grandkids ..... their first Christmas; what a party that would be o:)

<3

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy for Paradise!
    As I age I'm certainly getting closer.....had the worse scare of my life a few months ago with 3 days in Hospital. Never found the cause...thought I was having a heart attack at 4 in the morning...
    Ugh

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

I am so grateful for my family and friends!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

.... for good health, wife, daughter, and my mom who will be 103 in Jan, the good Lord willing; for the major advances in medicine that have taken place during the time I have been in practice, and for the opportunity to train the next generation of physicians; for the good folks on this forum who are generous with their knowledge, and support when called upon.
    ...and for ParadiseFound, who has a real talent for bringing out the best in us!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grateful to appreciate the most valuable treasure of all, life. And with that comes family, love, & friends.

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a lot to be grateful for this year. Everyone in my family remained healthy and safe, I've had one of my best years financially and things are looking even better for 2019. My kids are both doing great in school, of course they are only 1st and 6th graders, but I still very proud of them. My 1st grade son especially, he has really taken to reading and math and is very strong in it for his grade level. :)

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Myself, wife, and kids are all healthy!

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge
    Give that woman all the congrats she needs. Great motivation for all who smoke. Such a shame for health and what a waste of money. Great lady.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file