Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Best Coins and Holders

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ran across this image on the PCGS.com website. Thought it was worthy enough to mention here :)

Congrats to PCGS and all the owners!

Comments

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2018 10:44PM

Nice coins. I wonder why none of the coins are wearing a CAC sticker. At least one of them (the 1913 Eliasberg nickel) did eventually bean. I don't know about the rest.

• Options
    edited December 13, 2018 10:46PM

@cameonut2011 said:
    Nice coins. I wonder why none of the coins are wearing a CAC sticker. At least one of them (the 1913 Eliasberg nickel) did eventually bean.

Not sure. I wonder if JA has seen them all?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, amazing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally agree with @Bochiman... A CAC sticker on those coins would be totally superfluous. Most assuredly, it would not add value. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 3 coins in the middle have been approved by CAC, however the owners didn't care to have the sticker on the label. CAC has not approved any 1804 dollars at this point.

• Options
    edited December 14, 2018 8:39AM

@Bochiman said:

• WHY? Why would anyone even think that PCGS would care to advertise another service, such as CAC, in its own marketing promotions? I mean, come on and think about that.

Because it says that the best coins always end up in PCGS holders. :D>:)

• Also, WHY, at the level of those coins, in the scheme of numismatics, would anyone really care about a CAC sticker? Sure, it still says "something" for the coin, but I mean, come on. Those are truly special coins that aren't around that often.

You're preaching to the choir. My question was truly meant to be genuine given that the 1913 did sticker. Given all the emphasis on CAC around here, I found it odd. It wasn't intended to be snarky.

• Options

@cardinal said:
    The 3 coins in the middle have been approved by CAC, however the owners didn't care to have the sticker on the label. CAC has not approved any 1804 dollars at this point.

Thank you!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bochiman has a POTD. a CAC sticker would mean nothing to those coins and actually would clutter the insert.

• Options

@keets said:
    Bochiman has a POTD. a CAC sticker would mean nothing to those coins and actually would clutter the insert.

What is a POTD?

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@keets said:

What is a POTD?

Post Of The Day.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was there ever a time when a great rarity would be graded by one service. Then go to another service and be graded higher in a short period of time?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Was there ever a time when a great rarity would be graded by one service. Then go to another service and be graded higher in a short period of time?

AB
    SO
    LUTE
    LY

:#

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may not believe this but I don’t own any of them :):)

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭

Does it really matter what holder it is in if it is a best coin ? I think copper and other colored coins look better with white background while large coins are more attractive with clear background.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file