Home U.S. Coin Forum

Whoa! It appears CAC is now verifying world coins!

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will go ahead CAC mine the same way ;)

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Despite initial confusion (perhaps intentional, perhaps not) about the sticker, it is not approved by Bill the Cat's grading service..... GAAAAACK

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call JA, get his notes

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    Even with that junk on the back of it?

ignore the reverse, seems its a POP/1, deserving of a strong bid here.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake news,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 9:52AM

IMHO, there is no reason (I can think of) CAC should not sticker world coins. The only drawback for them would be authenticity but the TPGS covers that. I predict they will eventually when submissions slow down. Hopefully, one day, they may decide to sticker coins in any TPGS slab BUT certifying world coins will come first.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither sticker nor coin are Unc....

So much for "Let's finally clear up the CAC myths."

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    IMHO, there is no reason (I can think of) CAC should not sticker world coins. The only drawback for them would be authenticity but the TPGS covers that. I predict they will eventually when submissions slow down. Hopefully, one day, they may decide to sticker coins in any TPGS slab BUT certifying world coins will come first.

John has said he isn't comfortable with them. It sounds like a good reason to me.

edited December 11, 2018 10:08AM

That may be what he said but I'd be shocked if JA and anyone on his team would not be in the top 15% of world coin graders and I'm being conservative with my percentage.

Besides, he could only sticker the ones that he was comfortable with! :p . Let's see what happens. :wink:

PS Remember, the coins are ALREADY GRADED. I've had students that could sticker the things!!!

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey even TV shows another piece altogether, this is a fake on that end too.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake coin in fake holder with fake sticker. What's not to love?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww, shoots. I was hoping this was real news !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins a fake as is the slab....here's the real deal:

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sticker is about as authentic as the slab, and coin.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Full disclosure: I (yours truly) made the sticker. :D I couldn’t help myself when I saw this fake slab (and coin)

The fake slab belongs to a friend. It’s in no danger of being sold to anyone.

I'd like to have some of these fake slabs for class.

• CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think kids in kindergarten could make better CAC stickers.

@BillJones said:
    I hope that CAC stays out of the world coin market.

It would likely start with British coins first if it expands if that is any consolation to you.

@CCGGG said:
    I think kids in kindergarten could make better CAC stickers.

:'(

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine why anyone would think having CAC come into the world coin market would be a good idea. Other than the dealers who would feast on it.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 3:27PM

@cameonut2011 said:

@BillJones said:

It would likely start with British coins first if it expands if that is any consolation to you.

It’s no consolation at all because British has been a point of interest for me over last few years. Since I have a sampling coins from a more than 900 year interval, that would a big territory for CAC to cover well. Hammered coins are a totally different animal than the milled coinage, which are similar to the U.S. coins that CAC has been reviewing.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@BillJones said:

It’s no consolation at all because British has been a point of interest for me over last few years. Since I have sampling coins from a more than 900 year interval, that would a big territory for CAC to cover well. Hammered coins are a totally different animal than the milled coinage, which are similar to the U.S. coins that CAC has been reviewing.

Hammered would probably be the toughest and probably safe at least.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mushy junk! (the obverse too).

asheland, you cracked me up with this one! :D

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with "CAC" on this one

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Found on Ebay??

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

Foreign dealers and collectors frowned on the US slab market. Now the two top TPGS's have branches overseas. There will be a CAC type "opportunity" at some time for someone with foreign coins. Wings is all there is now and a person with deeper pockets could possibly overshadow them.

@ADG said:
    Found on Ebay??

My friend who owns a B&M got it in a collection he bought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file