Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you like Playing with coins ......

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

then become a dealer. Here is today's workload ....

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Mr. Error ...... that looks like a LOOOOOTTTT of work I would not call it playing ;)
    What time should we go for the fish?

• Options

@AUandAG said:
    ugh.............dreck.

bob ;)

Yes, I do turn dreck into cash, which in turn goes into a really nice coin. Over and over again, rinse and repeat. An amzingling simple business model.

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    Oh Mr. Error ...... that looks like a LOOOOOTTTT of work I would not call it playing ;)

It is a tremendous amount of work. I do dread it. I was suppose to go Kayak fishing today but bailed.

I may go out on a boat rockfishing next week tho. Hope to get all this work done before then.

All work and no play.

• Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Is that original toning or artificial toning on the pomegranate, can't tell from the photos. Could you post a better pic and focus on the reverse.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a red onion... If so what kind of coin playing do you do with that?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my! :o

• Options

@bobsr said:
    Is that original toning or artificial toning on the pomegranate, can't tell from the photos. Could you post a better pic and focus on the reverse.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

Here is the reverse. It is Naturally Toned as I picked it myself from my tree .....

• Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I think the reason you have such a great sense of humour is "You get to play with coins all day". Don't see how you can call that work. Man I would volunteer to work for you without pay just to be able to do that all day long. Congrats on some good looking collections also. Looking at the pics makes me realize I am ignorant about error coins, I thought that due to exceptional quality control at the mints, error coins would be few and far between. What an eye opener.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a unique way of storing the drapped bust quarters... head and shoulders with complete scalp care. 😅

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

White slabs?
    WHITE slabs?
    :o:o;):D

• Options

@topstuf said:
    White slabs?
    WHITE slabs?
    :o:o;):D

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that NT? Am I rich now? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes....Sunday Funday.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough job, but someone has to do it1 :D

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

$$$$ Money Colors! $$$$ Hurry and lit it on ebay! :smiley:

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin collecting causes dandruff? Just what I needed, another defect. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet. I'm out of the fun stuff to process, down to about 25 pounds of World Coins, a double row box of RPMs, and about 200 BU & OBW rolls of Lincolns and Jeffersons to go through, but not much in the error realm.

But next show is next week and a few times a year I get "Hey - I bought this huge collection, but don't mess with errors or varieties - I set this box aside for you" - fingers crossed!

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I FOUND WALDO!

Taken me a week to put my coins back in place after our big shaker. Good thing I like to fondle em...Hehehe

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow....That picture makes me glad I am not a dealer.... I would much rather disassemble, clean and re-assemble firearms...That bunch of coins looks like fine, detailed work... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

I got dibs on the pomegranate.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    ugh.............dreck.

bob ;)

Is Educational Dreck OK?

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wounded Bison!!!!!!! Love the writing: off center, off center, way off center, way off center!!!!

lol

You'll have fun with all that material. Hope you make a few nickels doing it and sorry you missed the fishing outing. Ugh, work.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Perhaps a new business model .... Pomegranate toned coins .....

tasty a.t id say B)

• Options
    edited December 10, 2018 12:08PM

Once I get done photoing the dreck, I get to photograph what the dreck bought ......

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018 1:26PM

What are you doing with those rolls of new cents? I just got 4 boxes of 2018 cents figuring it would be a quick review - then I heard there was a known DD. :s So many coins, so little patience...

Anyone know if the 2018 DD is common?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018 2:00PM

@1630Boston said:

@JBK said:

That photos make the date look so BIG. I spot checked a few 2018 cents and the dates are really really small in real life. :(:D

• Options

2018 Is Machine Doubling, IMO.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

You are probably correct :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

You don’t agree with John?

http://doubleddie.com/2457637.html

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options

@StrikeOutXXX said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

You don’t agree with John?

http://doubleddie.com/2457637.html

Apparently, I am wrong as I went by just the photo. That said, I would never give that coin any extra value.

I do not do Double Dies at all. No RPM's Either. As an Error guy, I have never even owned the very common 1955 DD.

• Options

Ok, those are some cool errors. Just where in the heck do they come from? Can't be in rolls like that when they can't fit. Maybe 'splain what they are?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

No it is a doubled die.
    Looks like a class VI.

• Options

From Desktop to Digital Desktop .......

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    From Desktop to Digital Desktop .......

iMac? Love it!

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

Most of the coins are damaged in this post. Why bother show them?

:wink:

• Options

The best thing about being a coin dealer is that you get to do what you want when you want as long as all the deadlines are met. I have had a few back to back 16 hour work days so I decided it was time to go out into the Pacific Ocean to get taco meat. ...

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

only 5 of those fish are NT.

• Options

We call those "baitfish" up here...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file