Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

***Post Your 3 Favorite MJ cards you own***

Sportscards1086Sportscards1086 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
edited December 19, 2018 7:36PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I'll start.

Only have 2 that are worth posting and that are a couple of my ALL TIME favorites.

1998 Electrifying

Let's see yours!!

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I have certainly owned a number of raw Jordan cards through the years, I've never owned a rookie card or any MJ cards that were graded. All of mine were pack pulled back in the day. While I am certainly a fan, I've never been specifically a collector of his items. I'm primarily a baseball collector, so while not wise in hindsight, being that his stuff was always a popular and liquid item, most of my MJ cards would usually find its way into trades or being sold to raise cash for other purchases. However, I was able to hang onto these 2 raw cards that I'm happy to still own after all of these years, and then this rack was included earlier this year on eBay amongst a lot of 23 cherry picked rack packs with stars showing on every one that I was able to win. Doesn't hurt that Bird is on top also. So, here are my 3 favorite Michael Jordan cards:

• Options

Nice Emotion Ntense!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 3.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Here are my 3. The Upper Deck is my all time favorite. I also own PSA graded 87 and 88 Fleer versions; however, they are not in my top 3. I've never owned the 86 Fleer.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    While not a Jordan card, I always loved this card.

Wish I had all the trades back I did for Harold Miner cards.

Baby Jordan and Papa Jordan

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2018 3:59PM

When a card passes me by due to my procrastination?

It's gone.

But, this one was around 100 bucks years back - so I thought for an '88? What the heck.

Tho, not the best action photo of MJ IMO or even a really clear shot.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    When a card passes me by due to my procrastination?

It's gone.

But, this one was around 100 bucks years back - so I thought for an '88? What the heck.

Tho, not the best action photo of MJ IMO or even a really clear shot.

That's a BIG time card now a days...wierd how time changes the value of something.

Love it!

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunately i only own one jordan card at the moment due to lack of funds

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a huge Jordan collector but 3 of my favorites.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 7:46AM

Absolutely LOVE that rookie era signature on that early photo. Such a unique piece and an amazingly clean early auto.

There are so many stunning MJ cards to pick from. To be honest, some low price base cards have the best photography. The above 1992 Upper Deck cards are a perfect example. The base and AS 1991 UD cards are also dope.

Having issues posting images of mine but will have to get involved once I sort it out. So many great MJ's to pick from.

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

I was going to post my three PSA 8 Fleer Jordan RC's, but after seeing some of the cards you guys have posted already, I'm going to just sit back here in awe. Gorgeous cards gentlemen.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I only have a low grade 1984 101 star Jordan. That’s my favorite. Followed by 2 cards that always thought were interesting but don’t own.
    1991 Lake Tahoe
    And a card that was given out by a car dealership in the early 90s. I’ve seen it posted on here before but can’t find it. Not many survived since most were redeemed. Does anyone know what I’m talking about based on my vague description?

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.

And nice!

Mike
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 12:51PM

@eagles33 said:
    1991 Lake Tahoe
    And a card that was given out by a car dealership in the early 90s. I’ve seen it posted on here before but can’t find it. Not many survived since most were redeemed. Does anyone know what I’m talking about based on my vague description?

This one?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Caesars-Palace-Lake-Tahoe-Heavy-Hitters-Michael-Jordan-1-PSA-10-GEM-PWCC-/142975278124

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this card.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Yup that’s the 1991 Cesar’s card. But there is another card from the early 90s that was given out by some car dealership and redeemable for a dessert or something at a chain restaurant. I’ll tray to do some research and post it. I know it’s been posted on the board before

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

Ok, because nobody else posted one. Probably my favorite insert from the 90's. One of my most fortunate purchase back in the day. Wish I could get a better picture or scan. All those scratches are on the case.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options

Another one added...

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knapp... Wow that auto'd card is fantastic and to boot it's his rookie year. Hands down the best Jordan so far.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I don't have the RC.....yet

• Options

Love the thread so far. Too hard for me to pick out my top three so picked 3 that have my interest at the moment. The 1st is one that has and always will be a favorite. The 5x7 Michael Jordan Star Court Kings is a monster and the autographed example by rtimmer id outstanding. Here is my Gem Mint which is special as there are only 26 given the 9.5 grade and none ever given a 10 by BGS. It is said by some that the #26 Court Kings actually pre-dated the #101 which means this card might actually be his true rookie

Two more here. The 1986 Star Michael Jordan #1 is tough as it sat on the top in the unopened bag as card #1 and was prone to surface issues by potentially getting scratched by the bag before opened. There are only 20 ever graded 9.5 and no 10s.

I just pulled this Jordan Crunch n Munch from an unopened bag myself this evening and it is stellar. I will be sending it in for grading later this week.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.