Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Supersize sub results - Larkin and golf w/ scans UPDATED

LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 7, 2018 10:35AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I didn't want to clutter the monthly pickup thread with these, but thought some might be interested. Even with the portion of the package lost/stolen (mentioned here: BOLO ) this was still a fairly successful sub.

Pop 1, none higher (for now)

Pop 3, two higher (watch out @galaxy27, I'm only .08 behind you in set rating for 2nd on the Seve Master now)

World Golf HOF RC, pop 3, 3 higher

Pop 1!

Pop 1, 1 higher RC of this golf HOFer. Sadly, needs a return trip to be noted as the 'UK' issue on the label.

Pop 1, 3 higher RC of another golf HOFer. Same as prior in regard to 'UK'.

Pop 3, none higher, upgrading my prior 5

Pop 1, upgrading my prior 7. Ruh roh, @galaxy27 I've got a .02 advantage for the #2 slot

I'll finish the rest of these tomorrow ...

Comments

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Nice job on the sub. Never seen the Arnold action cartridge before. Sorry about the lost/stolen items.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

me gusta!

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoDodgersFan said:
    Nice job on the sub. Never seen the Arnold action cartridge before. Sorry about the lost/stolen items.

There's actually 8 different Arnie Action Cartridge boxes. I sadly was the underbidder on a run of them in much nicer condition.

@galaxy27 said:
    me gusta!

Me gusta verte en tercer lugar :D

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice sub for sure. That Palmer Action Cartridge is pretty sweet. Bummer on the mislabeling of a couple of the sportscasters. Couple of 10's is pretty sweet. Congrats!!!!

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

Nice sub!!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff Kyle, especially hitting 10. The UK Sportscasters being incorrectly labeled as North American - Italy (not Italian, but Italy) is definitely the most common mech error in Sportscasters grading.

Round 2, final round w/more baseball this time.

Pop 1, none higher. Big thanks and shout out to @1951WheatiesPremium for finding this one and reaching out to see if I was interested! Will be a new addition to the Larkin Master composite.

Somewhat scarce French issue I'm sure a lot of player collectors are familiar with. Pop 2

A more recent attempt to duplicate Sportscaster's success. Pop 1, 3 higher

This was a solid 9 in my grading preview, but the lower right corner got crushed sometime between then and slabbing. Big miss. Pop 6, 28 higher.

First copy graded

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm liking the action cartridge Kyle. Nice results overall.

Have thought about picking up some over the years but never did.

I have to say - some of the cards? Have no idea who they are/were. E.g. Henry Cotton.

Mike

@Stone193 said:
    I have to say - some of the cards? Have no idea who they are/were. E.g. Henry Cotton.

He was at least a superstar golfer in the 1930s-50s winning the British Open 3x, but being on the other side of the pond probably didn't get much press here.

Neil Coles - successful European Circuit/Tour golfer of the 50s-80s w/ a lot of pro wins and did pretty well in the Euro Seniors Tour, but no majors or PGA tour success

The others you haven't likely heard of are probably not familiar even to most golf fans, elected to the World Golf HOF under the Lifetime Achievement category:
    Mark McCormack - lawyer/sports agent/writer, founder of IMG
    Henry Longhurst - Another Brit, golf writer/commentator

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@galaxy27 said:
    me gusta!

Me gusta verte en tercer lugar :D

locos

@han_soto said:
    does psa consider the portrait area of the palmer as a card, ie regular sized card?

Yes, that portion can be graded as standard size singles.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@Stone193 said:

He was at least a superstar golfer in the 1930s-50s winning the British Open 3x, but being on the other side of the pond probably didn't get much press here.

Neil Coles - successful European Circuit/Tour golfer of the 50s-80s w/ a lot of pro wins and did pretty well in the Euro Seniors Tour, but no majors or PGA tour success

The others you haven't likely heard of are probably not familiar even to most golf fans, elected to the World Golf HOF under the Lifetime Achievement category:
    Mark McCormack - lawyer/sports agent/writer, founder of IMG
    Henry Longhurst - Another Brit, golf writer/commentator

Thanx Kyle.

Mike