Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Murky Dismal: Juan Soto Run #US300, HMT55...

Comments

• tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

Much appreciated!! Wow! Thank you so much. I was happy to help on the gold and never expected this. That is 1 fantastic card. Never even seen it til this post

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Just cardboard?" That's horse malarkey. I've made friends I'll have for the rest of my life because of "just cardboard." It's a hobby, sure, but like anything else in life, you get out what you put in.

I never knew the backstory of your Soto journey. As I write this, I'm sure it's all right there in post #1 but I don't recall reading it. I probably hopped on late and didn't start from the beginning. That's a great story.

Arthur

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:12AM

Did they do all the different color parallels for the photo variation cards too?

Arthur

@han_soto said:
    tom,

see some opc listed soto’s. anything else pop worth showing?

Went 51 for 51 on the base Chrome in PSA 10, LOL Still have 60 or 70 more at PSA.

Here are some Gold and an Xfractor auto(on my dusty scanner). I also have 2 other Gold auto's at PSA.

Still looking for the Walmart Holiday auto's.

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Got a Topps Gold 9, and several Pink refractor 10’s but that’s about it. Yeah, I sold a 15 count base chrome for $200 yesterday

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

I loved this thread and hope that it still has some updates to go before it really gets put out to pasture. It coincided perfectly with my 2018 rookie bonanza cherry getting popped and is probably directly responsible for me branching out from just the HHN. I've been dabbling in both issues of Chrome and have really enjoyed them. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together and for also explaining the circumstances surrounding each card.

Welp, time to get started on the Acuna run! Let's go, chop chop!

Arthur

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@han_soto This is the first clear I have seen posted although I haven't been specifically looking for them.

https://ebay.com/itm/Ryder-Jones-2018-Topps-Update-Clear-Acetate-Rookie-RC-US57-d-6-10/192788934896?hash=item2ce31db0f0:g:kAAAAOSwE~ZcOlyn:rk:7:pf:0

Good luck finding the US300!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

Congrats! Those acetate cards are nice!

Kris

Bob, looks like a bunch of posts got deleted for some reason? I noticed you had a post that I just found time to respond to, but cant find it anymore

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

I was in the market for a pink chrome update but didn't want to deal with the chance of a raw off ebay not grading a 10. so of course, caved in and bought the one off of OPC Baseballs website today.

I appreciate it but not big in to Acuna either.

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Good question, it might be. Off hand, I can’t think of another

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Nice!!!! New sig pic?

Kris

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha love it!

Andy

• RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

@han_soto said:

@Bharris said:
    Are his Tops Chrome auto cards sticker autos ? That's BS they had plenty of time for him to sign them

Yes, I agree. They did have plenty of time.

Even the superfractor has a sticker. Busch.

It actually surfaced about two weeks ago and made a pretty decent effort at it. Submitted a fairly strong offer to a very nervous, new and frazzled ebay seller. After it sold, he continued to shop it around asking for a "last chance best offer" in which I did not reply. I hate that kinda thing bc it's happened to me on one than more occasion. Few days later I conversed with the buyer and it was good to hear that the seller followed through with the sale because I know of at least one other person that the "last" chance message was sent to as well.

Anyways, glad it did have a sticker auto. If it didnt I woulda snagged it at the BIN now price.

That's the good and the bad as I was previously mentioning! :)

I've seen his non auto Super. But not the auto. You seen the auto TCU Super? Have a pic?

• RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    yes, i saw the non-auto on blowout and made a run for it myself until the seller started playing games.

but when it comes to the auto, well that's the dilemma.

i'm not saying i've seen it BUT if it's been pulled (more importantly shown) it would kinda bring the topps chrome unopened market down just a peg knowing thats what some would view as the crown jewel of an amazing set.

im just saying if i knew the non auto had already been pulled, target loaded up for an unexpected 3rd release, ordered 100 boxes or so and pulled it w/n 8 or so boxes, there’d be zero incentive for me to rip any further or show it.

if there was one card that shouldnt be boasted, publicly, then that would be the juan. literally! :wink:

eta: are you the guy that helped me out w the simpsons billy ripken cards a few months back?

Oh ok. I took your post as you made a run for the auto super.

Simpsons Ripken..Unsure if it was me but I remember posting about identifying the differences in the two.

Happy Hunting, Donovan

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    done and done.

other than the platinum 1/1, closes out the topps update run.

Congrats!

Nice!

Kris

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Pulled this yesterday … Update Black!

collecting various PSA and SGC cards