Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Murky Dismal: Juan Soto Run #US300, HMT55...

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a sharp card and probably my favorite so far, beating out the previous favorite the Father's Day blue.

You can't hint at an epic story and then not share it with us.

Arthur

• Options

You've officially infiltrated the zeitgeist!

Arthur

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Has the Soto US300 Platinum Parallel (1/1) surfaced?

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Man, if this kid has a career like most pundits think he will, you will be set for life!

Very nice collection, and great thread. Thank you!

• Options

This is quite an accomplishment. Soto is white hot in the hobby right now so to be able to get access to some of these cards is an impressive feat of persistence and luck. I'm glad you were able to do it because I think in the not-so-distant future many of these would have ended up in strong player collections, like yours. So a hearty congratulations to you, sir.

Now, the most important question of them all: what are you going to do next?

Arthur

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018 4:04PM

Love this thread!

Pack pulled today...

Gold Refractor

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:26AM

• Options

Yeah, as you know I have been chasing his stuff down as well. Love the red version but that’s been one I haven’t been able to grab yet. Also would like to grab the Walmart Holiday snowflake auto. That won’t be an easy one to find with only 10. I see you jumped on it early. Nice grab and wasn’t aware of that issue til you posted the scan. Great collection you have going. I just hope he lives up to the hype

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

Wow, interesting indeed! Let me know if you find anything out on the numbering on these

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

@han_soto said:
    Will do!

And will let ya know if I find another one.

Keep me in mind on a regular gold non auto if ya seen juan! ;)

Lol, will do as well

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    DEFPOTECDEFPOTEC Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

I’m not a modern collector (really only collect vintage football) but nonetheless have enjoyed this thread immensely. The photo explains. This was at Nats Winterfest a few weeks ago. I’d picked up a Nats team set with update, which arrived in the mailbox about 30 minutes before we headed to Nats Park. Worked out perfectly as Soto was the feature guy for our auto session. (The others are sometime-starter Erick Fedde and infield prospect Luis Garcia.) Soto couldn’t have been sweeter to my five-year-old.

She’s now napping after an early start and lots of excitement this morning!

Happy Holidays!

• Options

I was just trying to find out info on the On Demand release the other day. I'm not sure I totally understand what it is. What I do know is that the mini boxes have only like 35 cards and they're $20. That was enough to make me table it for a while.

I've been tearing through Heritage High Number boxes but your thread is making me consider branching out to the Topps Update. So, thanks, I guess?

Arthur

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I think they worded it that way because there seems to be a different number printed of the non metallic snowflake autos for different players. Beckett has them listed all over the board. Several of the players, including Juan Soto, don't have a print run listed yet.

These are all for the non metallic snowflake auto:
    Anthony Banda #/160
    A.J. Minter #/200
    Austin Meadows #/75
    Juan Soto nothing listed

check out Luke Weaver #/150 https://ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps-Mega-Holiday-Auto-Autograph-Luke-Weaver-Cardinals-11-150/153296837765?hash=item23b1341c85:g:jhMAAOSwi7VcDUoP:rk:11:pf:0

The metallic snowflake auto seems to be #/10 for all players.
    The metallic snowflake gold auto seems to be #/1 for all players.

I think that is the source of the misleading wording "or less" on the package.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

Good info and makes sense. Thank you!

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Great thread! Go murky or go home.

• Options

PM sent, not sure if you got it?

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

Did you buy the Red Auto that just ended? I messaged the guy but they never responded...

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

How do you know the guy from BO made an offer?

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

gotcha

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

I'd love to say that I was referring to the SP but, no, I was referring to what I now know as the Pro Debut. Which I now realize is not his (or anyone else's) "base" card. I never knew about the SP and that's the first I'm seeing of it. Pretty cool!

Not as cool as the batting pose but, hey, variety is the spice of life, right?

I've been spending some time on Blowout and getting to know my Sotos and Acunas. First, it's made me realize just how ridonkulous your Soto collection is. I mean, just plain sick, off the charts. I bow in humbleness in thine presence. Are you planning on getting them graded? You're getting pretty close to needing to buy a safe.

Second, I'm realizing just how lucky I am that I pulled a Black Chrome Acuna from a Blaster that I didn't even want to buy but got talked into (which has since caused me to become hooked on HHN). I'm also now branching out to Topps Chrome Update and part of that is due to you so all the searched mega boxes I'll be ripping soon are your fault, Han. :smile:

Arthur