Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Idea - make problem coins accessible when browsing Coinfacts

I mostly am interested in rare to very rare coins. I don't me 93-S Morgan rare, I mean 2-3 known. It would be cool if we could access them by browsing Coinfacts, instead of the way they are apparently hidden now. I cannot find problem coins without having the direct link. Am I missing something?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please offer an example of a rare coin your interested in ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018 6:42PM

@bidask said:
    Please offer an example of a rare coin your interested in ?

Any rare coin with problems. I'd like to be able to see the Trueview's. Many rare early copper pieces and others that are worth a lot. They could be quarantined if necessary, as in clicking another tab to see the problem coins.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018 9:34PM

PCGS Auction Prices Realized shows problem coins; it might be a better way to browse?
    https://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices/details/1795-9-leaves-ms/8552

It's good if the PCGS coin number is the level at which you are interested.
    If you are interested in rosters of finest known at the die variety level, it might not be as good.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@opportunity said:
    I mostly am interested in rare to very rare coins. I don't me 93-S Morgan rare, I mean 2-3 known. It would be cool if we could access them by browsing Coinfacts, instead of the way they are apparently hidden now. I cannot find problem coins without having the direct link. Am I missing something?

That would be very useful actually. It would allow you to identify the "upgrades" (e.g. the toned coin that finally straight grades on the 15th try).

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have punched in details graded coins cert numbers and have seen via TVs that they straight graded before. You can also see with the new “Gold Shield” images, the multiple crackout attempts.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are looking for problem coins? i.e. 'genuine' or other reject criteria?? Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file