Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gold will hit $1,100/oz before it hits $1,300/oz

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

True of False?

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Gold will hit $1,100/oz before it hits $1,300/oz

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread topic but you'll get more responses if you move it to the Precious Metal Forum where it should be posted.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly don't know but all the big boys are practically giving it away on ebay right now. Seems to me that's usually how it goes just prior to a significant dip.

I hope I'm wrong, I hold gold and continue to add, nice to buy low but would be nice to see some new interest and upward price action.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

I think the turbulence market make some fleeting to precious metal so it may continues go up IMHO :)

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

Interesting 50/50 right now.

@291fifth said:
    If I knew the answer I would be rich. I check Coinstar machine reject slots so I guess I don't know the answer.

Think how excited you get when you pull a 90% silver out of the reject slot and try to imagine what it's going to be like when you pull a chunk of Au out of there. It's gonna be sweet.

• If you ask all the generic bullion houses such as Goldline, Monex, and the like they will tell you that "Gold will hit $2,000 by the end of the year".

Really?

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I would have thought gold would have rallied more during the recent stock market sell-off. Given it really didn’t move much, I think we are heading a bit lower. Hope I’m wrong, as I continue to buy, buy, buy.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I need to sell some....so True

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

equities and real estate will crash before $1100 gold appears.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2018 8:01PM
    False

It's malleable so it can be beat down and beat up. And I'm not waiting around with a hammer; rather a trigger.

• ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭

@Kenneth1830 said:
    If you ask all the generic bullion houses such as Goldline, Monex, and the like they will tell you that "Gold will hit $2,000 by the end of the year".

Really?

Which year?? ;)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@291fifth said:
    If I knew the answer I would be rich. I check Coinstar machine reject slots so I guess I don't know the answer.

Think how excited you get when you pull a 90% silver out of the reject slot and try to imagine what it's going to be like when you pull a chunk of Au out of there. It's gonna be sweet.

Unfortunately, my "finds" in the past month consist of exactly one Lincoln Memorial cent.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll let you know after the G20. I hope he make a deal if not another round pain for all.

Hoard the keys.
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭
    True

@Dave99B said:
    I would have thought gold would have rallied more during the recent stock market sell-off. Given it really didn’t move much, I think we are heading a bit lower. Hope I’m wrong, as I continue to buy, buy, buy.

Dave

I would have thought so as well......a lot of stuff doesn’t make sense with the market. I don’t think you could go wrong at buying gold at the current price.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I'm pessimistic, but hopefully optimistic !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

The boat is going down and I bet I can hold my breath longer than anyone. B)

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018 12:30AM
    False

Not mine ;)

@ReadyFireAim said:
    The boat is going down and I bet I can hold my breath longer than anyone. B)

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wish I had more... so I can get more. Satisfied with what I have, but more would be nice to have more of. 😳

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

I believe it will go up rather than down....It will not hit the level promoted by the TV hucksters. That being said, gold is money and will never be worth nothing. So as fiat currency takes a beating, gold will rise.....I do not know when or how high, or what event or policy will spur the move...however, it will come. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

i say $1300 an ounce. id like to see silver come back some time

• ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    False

It's already gone down to the 1100 range in the current cycle. I think it's at about the bottom now, but will need to get past 1400 for the price to escalate.

• bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

291fifth: "If I knew the answer I would be rich. I check Coinstar machine reject slots so I guess I don't know the answer."

That's hilarious! I just pulled out three cents today at lunch at Walmart. I must be in your club.

@ricko said:
    I believe it will go up rather than down....It will not hit the level promoted by the TV hucksters. That being said, gold is money and will never be worth nothing. So as fiat currency takes a beating, gold will rise.....I do not know when or how high, or what event or policy will spur the move...however, it will come. Cheers, RickO

Interesting to note gold in many other currencies is not that far off the 2011 highs. In USD yes we are well off the highs but no logical reason whatsoever for the dollar to be this strong. Look at the poor Aussies, almost $1700/oz, Canada $1600+/oz, Gold is certainly not cheap to them.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

@blitzdude said:
    Interesting to note gold in many other currencies is not that far off the 2011 highs. In USD yes we are well off the highs but no logical reason whatsoever for the dollar to be this strong. Look at the poor Aussies, almost $1700/oz, Canada $1600+/oz, Gold is certainly not cheap to them.

Gold price reflects confidence in the currency it is priced in.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knows in this whipsaw market. I listen to bulls, and bears daily. All present sound arguments. It's either Fed's fault, or, tariff and slowing global economy as why market goes down, and inverse to why they go up. Fundamentals are lost in this melee. Headlines, and algos will determine price I guess, with lots of manipulation in between, and those on the outside will get the news a day late...be stuck taking it on the chin, or, sitting in glory. We are at the whims of the tide, winds, and movements of the earth. Throw a dart...

My hope is to see gold back at $400...it will happen again...not sure when; but, I'll be ready!

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    False

We may of already hit the cycle high on the 10 yr @3.23

Growth/inflation slowing for the next quarter or so.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    My hope is to see gold back at $400...it will happen again...not sure when; but, I'll be ready!

It will happen after a period of inflation when gold hits $400,000 and the government prints new money and drops the last three zeros off its currency.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I believe it will hit $1100 in the next couple of years. Whether or not it has hit $1300 prior to that.........?

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something really big needs to happen before investors begin pulling their money from other investments and placing those funds into gold. I see the Federal Reserve continuing raising interest rates as long as MAGA Trump remains in office. Gold will dip below $800 before that big thing happens to cause gold to rise.....possible to $2500. Than something really really big will happen to cause gold to be worth nothing.........than the world will come to an end. :'(:#:s:D:)

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

prices will always go up every year due to inflation, and so will gold

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know
    wish I did that way I could make a profit instead of a loss!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I've usually viewed PMs as a hedge against inflation, but that was when the Dow was 10000, the dollar was strong, and we weren't entering a trade war with China. IMHO, all bets are off... I wish I was in a better position to buy should PMs follow other commodities and shed value.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

I don't even have a guess.

Hoping it goes up so I can dump a couple of saint dups that I bought thinking they would upgrade.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

I try to keep a good material position in gold. Don’t want be caught flat footed if it goes thru the roof.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
    False

gold is now 1,260 per ounce, a lot of people on here said gold was going to 1,100, lol

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

@coinpalice said:
    gold is now 1,260 per ounce, a lot of people on here said gold was going to 1,100, lol

It may be closer to $1,300 but it still isn't there.

False

getting closer as we speak, now 1,261.60

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Raising interest rates is about intentionally dampening and constraining economic activity, including speculation.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

Not terribly far from 1300 now...

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

Jim Cramer just told his audience today to buy gold. Not sure what your thoughts are on him, but he has a pretty big following. Might be a good sign for a little rise in price coming.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/cramer-feels-powerless-after-fed-hike-tells-investors-to-buy-gold/ar-BBRf1tA?li=BBnbfcN

Sure wish he hadn't of said that because usually when Cramer says to buy something it's time to do the opposite. Then again I'm sure he's probably just referring to fake paper gold. lol

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True

He’s right about 40% of the time.

Dave

• ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Jim Cramer just told his audience today to buy gold. Not sure what your thoughts are on him, but he has a pretty big following. Might be a good sign for a little rise in price coming.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/cramer-feels-powerless-after-fed-hike-tells-investors-to-buy-gold/ar-BBRf1tA?li=BBnbfcN

He said the same thing a couple of months ago and gold went straight down. That said, a broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

I track online premiums on gold coins and bars. With very few exceptions the are way higher now. In my experience the major vendors pricing reflects the trend. Time for me to hold my stack and observe.
    I'll buy when it levels for a while.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

If you saw all the little pictures you would see mine on $1300 🤡

Good thing I didn't guess.
    I was leaning toward the lower one.
    Not quite enough to dump gold widgets yet.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    False

Gold at $1298 but I guess anything could happen.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file