Home U.S. Coin Forum

In this buyers market how do u move your coins?

2»

Comments

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold, even generics, are working well in my opinion. Of course, better date, even in lower MS grades are also doing fine.

Morgans, priced correctly and graded correctly, are also moving.

I base my comments on 3 shows, back to back to back, concluding with this last weekend's HNSA show.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • I decided I am going to just take losses on some of them. But fortunately, will probably do well on some more expensive ones that I shouldn't lose too much once I sell everything.

CoinBlog.net

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

For what I am looking for, it is always a seller's market. Today is no exception. Am in no hurry; eventually something will turn up.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

As the OP stated it might be a buyers market. If it is
    then add some cherries to your holdings. If you need
    to sell call Heritage or Great Collections.

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

What I see, and I dont cruise all the auction sites or go anywhere, so I have a limited perspective which is prettty much limited to the occasional ebay views each day, IS stubburn sellers not willing to move their prices down while having coins listed for months and years.

This is one of the bigger problems with ebay today, from a buyers perspective. Sellers are able to list as many coins as they’d like without having to pay insertion fees to post their coins for sale. Coupled with the “good-till-canceled” listing duration, and automatic reposting of a coin if it doesn’t sell, collectors are essentially forced to scroll through pages of the same listings due to eBays flawed system. And who can blame the sellers in this situation? For minimal initial effort, their coins can sit on ebay for months at a time for inflated prices, and if/when someone eventually pulls the trigger on one of them, the tactic pays off. If you have an ample number of coins for sale at any given time, I am sure it pays off to list everything over what would be considered a fair market value.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018 12:37PM

My online eBay store or what I call the Bay Coin Show (national / world exposure) does better for me than shows (many coming in bourse room broke). I have turned a number of items quickly at TPG or CPG which are fair prices for buyers to pay. Commems, better date coins,CC material plus graded US & World paper money.

The key is research and a product that sells. Brilliant, lustrous Coins good sellers. Use of BIN / MO feature can help.

The Bay has a fantastic search feature and works in tandem with AS.

Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file