Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1975Roosevelt dime

Error or damage? Coolest thing I've ever seen!

Comments

  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Damage. Ask your bank to give you a better one.

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Damaged... But still worth a dime...

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Odomak1800 The dime got tortured after leaving the safety of the US Mint.

  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That one was shot at by a ray gun, or didn't survive a transporter trip. Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8, DCW

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Odomak1800... Welcome aboard... You have a severely damaged dime.. likely spent time in a parking lot.... Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm going to say that is 100% mint set damage. In fact I bet you pulled that straight out of a mint set didn't you?
    Could be worth quite a bit too!


    Later, Paul.
  • Options

    You know what? I pulled that out of my register, paid a dime for it too! Please help me out. Have no idea what I'm doing. I am just an old lady trying to learn! I can't find anyone to ask. I thought this has to B.S. but I have run across 2 mpre dimes with similar damage.

  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If they have similar damage, they're similarly damaged.

    .

    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors for PCGS. A 50+ Year PNG Member.A full-time numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Lots of post mint damaged coins in circulation. If you want to learn, you're at a good place to read, study, examine, understand what real errors are. The moment you find something unusual, that's the time to do research, it's all on the web, in reference material and in the minds of many experienced numismatists and collectors on CU. Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8, DCW

  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Jenny? (ask the PSA board...)

    Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

    I appreciate you :)

  • Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018 3:28AM

    The rim/edge could have been mangled by a bored kid with a hammer....
    The vertical wide scrape down the face suggests parking lot, though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file