Home U.S. Coin Forum

Eagle Eye Rare Coins A Trip Down To Tucson

AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just returned back to Scottsdale where me and my wife have been visiting with my brother and his family and going to be spending Thanksgiving... We were looking to take a ride to see the sites and decided a nice trip in the desert would be fun and so off we went and thought it would be cool to drop in on Rick Snow the owner of Eagle Eye Rare coins down in Tucson... Turns out his shop is in a new building in a great and busy location... We had a wonderful visit and Rick showed me and my wife around his shop... It is definitely worth a look if you are ever in that neck of the woods...
Earlier this year I had sold almost all of my Proof Indian Cent collection that I had built for over 10 years... Almost meaning I had kept only one and the TrueView of it is below... The photo department at PCGS has mastered capturing the elusive proof Indian Cents...
On the return Rick put us onto a back road back to the North that was a beautiful ride through the Sonoran Desert that was a great finish to the day.... AB

Comments

• ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

That proof Indian Head Cent is spectacular, incredible, fascinating, and jaw dropping.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice side trip, enjoy our perfect temps this time of year in AZ

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) That is the most beautiful Cent I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing .

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Nice side trip, enjoy our perfect temps this time of year in AZ

Yup. 75 degrees is way better here than 110.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin and Trueview image AB.

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too. Very nice coin. Glad you had fun.

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to pop in on Ricks store front. Sound like a great time to me. Thanks for posting.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a fantastic IHC.... Which route did you take back to Scottsdale? I just spent two weeks in Scottsdale... and lived in Phoenix for eight years. I love the desert....used to do a lot of hiking and exploring when I lived there. Cheers, RickO

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for stopping by AB! Glad the ride back to Scottsdale was good.

See if you can spot to following in the picture:
    The Blues Brothers
    The Beatles "Butcher" album
    Rick Snow and Office Manager Karin "Bobble heads"
    Bottle of Eagle Eye wine

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when you bought that coin - beautiful. :+1:

Must be cool in the desert - I see a hoodie on the chair...... :D

I recall when Rick and Brian were in the Seattle area - very nondescript location w/o a clue that there was a coin shop behind the doors - appointment only - quite a change to the current setup!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the "Butcher" album have the original celo wrapper? Opened/unopened/played? Very Nice...that's a tough one. Take care...

CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick is a real nice guy, personally and professionally...Karen is very nice as well. THanks for sharing AB!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like fun! I'd definitely stop there if I was nearby.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    That is a fantastic IHC.... Which route did you take back to Scottsdale? I just spent two weeks in Scottsdale... and lived in Phoenix for eight years. I love the desert....used to do a lot of hiking and exploring when I lived there. Cheers, RickO

I'm NOT gonna say it again!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye said:
    Thanks for stopping by AB! Glad the ride back to Scottsdale was good.

See if you can spot to following in the picture:
    The Blues Brothers
    The Beatles "Butcher" album
    Rick Snow and Office Manager Karin "Bobble heads"
    Bottle of Eagle Eye wine

Having the Butcher Block LP on display just vaulted you to the top of the heap Rick. How cool is that!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye I found all four items.....Neat shop...If I get to Tucson again, I will surely stop in... Cheers, RickO

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am ever in Arizona Ricks store is on my list of places to see. Actually it is my list of places to see.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file