Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting Dime Error on Great Collections

Comments

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was after Ms. Mercury's sex change operation.

• Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

took me a minute before it clicked!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know, a nice haircut can change a woman's look. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last weekend at my local show, while asking dealers if they had any errors - one dealer had 4 mislabeled (all wrong years though not series) NGC slabs - He had crazy premiums on them, I told him I'd just send them back for a reholder - he said it cost too much shipping and insurance. Sadly... he's probably right, just wish when they make mistakes, they take care of them for free. Didn't think there was much of a collector base for labeling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

That's a very pretty Mercury Dime.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@StrikeOutXXX said:
    Last weekend at my local show, while asking dealers if they had any errors - one dealer had 4 mislabeled (all wrong years though not series) NGC slabs - He had crazy premiums on them, I told him I'd just send them back for a reholder - he said it cost too much shipping and insurance. Sadly... he's probably right, just wish when they make mistakes, they take care of them for free. Didn't think there was much of a collector base for labeling errors.

To my knowledge, they do take care of them for free... You just have to pay your own shipping when you send them to the TPG.

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ilikemonsters said:

@StrikeOutXXX said:

To my knowledge, they do take care of them for free... You just have to pay your own shipping when you send them to the TPG.

Yea, probably worded that wrong - they fix the label for free typically, but you're still out shipping/insurance 2 ways usually.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough to key in a 3 instead of an 8.
    Hey even I make a mistake once in a decade or two.....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised to see GC even lists it as a 1943 Mercury dime.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

clicked on the link, now it says "item not listed??"

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kaz said:
    clicked on the link, now it says "item not listed??"

There goes my chance to bid on a nice error coin... I mean holder.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... it is gone now.... We need to take screen shots of these items when posting them... So often the listing disappears and we cannot see the issue. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a mechanical error - we're getting fixed and will relist in a few weeks.

Regards,

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file