Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

us mint survey

KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

the mint recently invited me to participate in a survey asking all types of "survey" questions.

during the survey, it was mentioned that the mint is considering in the next year a Silver medal of the Morgan dollar, and a gold Sacagewea coin.

has anyone else taken the survey? what do you guys think of a (modern) silver morgan medal, or gold Sac?

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kccoin said:
    the mint recently invited me to participate in a survey asking all types of "survey" questions.

during the survey, it was mentioned that the mint is considering in the next year a Silver medal of the Morgan dollar, and a gold Sacagewea coin.

has anyone else taken the survey? what do you guys think of a (modern) silver morgan medal, or gold Sac?

Received and responded to the survey, too.

There is a thread or two about this from earlier. For some reason the search function is being wacky for me right now.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Kccoin said:

Received and responded to the survey, too.

There is a thread or two about this from earlier. For some reason the search function is being wacky for me right now.

Gold Dollar thread:
    Coin World reports possible 2020 Gold (not golden) Sacabuck plus other 2020 US Mint products...

Bochiman's survey thread:
    USMint: A gold "golden" dollar

I assume the medals are going to be punched out on a SAE blank, but I believe (and this information resides on some questionable brain cells) they're supposed to be using a smaller diameter (but thicker) silver plachet for the American Liberty medal. So if the Mint is going to finally attempt a high-relief silver medal, they could very well use this new blank.

So, it depends. If it's done on an ASE blank, it will be just another silver round. If they do a real nice, HR medal (I'd like to see it in proof, but matte would be okay), it might look pretty darn nice...

• Options
    BJandTundraBJandTundra Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭

Received the same survey last week (I think). Had questions about their pseudo-coin for collectors ideas. Tried to indicate I had no particular interest in them. Sure they will make them anyhow. Thar's gold in them thar shills, er...hills.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... I received it and responded about three weeks ago...I was not impressed with the options... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018 7:20AM

They wanted my opinion but I want to be paid for it. You people are lucky. You get it for free.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the mint would just stop already. I'll never understand the appetite for new, perfect coins made in huge quantities for collectors.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint doesn't as much want to hear your opinions of what they should be doing as much as they want to validate their own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file