Home Sports Talk
Options

Are you a fan of the college blowout games?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2018 1:12PM in Sports Talk

Particularly when they are expected?

I didn't follow college football much when I attended a Michigan game in 1972 (U of M band day). It was the era of Big 2 little 8 and Michigan was playing Wisconsin if memory serves. It was like a 52-0 route (I'll look it up later.)

Not all that exciting, but we did have a 10,000 unit marching band that afternoon.

Is that a game that you enjoy attending.

Comments

• Options

I was close. Looks like it was Wisconsin getting beat 42-0.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it when Football makes sense, if a top 5 team is playing a cupcake I expect a huge victory, I’d prefer a game won in the 4th quarter my two evenly matched teams though.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them both, close and blowouts. I guess for me it depends on the teams involved.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am rooting for the team that is winning the blow-out game, sure. If I'm not, or if I am just looking for a game strictly for entertainment, no.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

not a fan of marching bands . Those kids that join are obviously being under bullied

• Options
    edited November 17, 2018 3:09PM

@bronco2078 said:

not a fan of marching bands . Those kids that join are obviously being under bullied

As luck would have it...I never made it on the field. Each band was limited to two percussionists and Buddy Rich I ain't.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

absolutely i love blowouts. when iowa and purdue kick our ass all over the place, i just can't stop watching.

regards,
    garnett

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2018 3:55PM

@bronco2078 said:

Having been in a marching band in high school and having worked to put on two half time shows with the professor who directed the marching band at the University of Delaware, I can tell you that those kids who put on the fast paced shows at half time work their butts off. You have to be in shape to keep up with them.

If you don't want watch the half time show, get up and get a beer and hot dog.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the UGA cupcake game today, loved it as alum as always...plus gave us an excuse to leave at halftime and knock out a bunch of Xmas shopping for the fam at the bookstore.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad Maryland couldn’t win their cupcake game today.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect a blowout game to be a blowout !!! ;)

Timbuk3