Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds or ARod

stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it comes to the HOF. Both have the stats to be in. I think both have different cases. Bonds never failed a drug test. ARod finally admitted taking something. After he denied it for a time. He also was suspended a year. So if I had a vote I'd vote Bonds.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

dont like either. I pic C none get it

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arod is dating Jlo and used to date Torrie Wilson so he gets my vote.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, I say that Bonds is vastly superior to Rodriguez just like he is to Griffey, or for that matter anyone else other than Ruth. That is the only player worth discussion.

Alex Relyea

• Options

@MLBdays said:
    Bonds never failed a drug test is laughable~ Lance Armstrong never failed a test either.......in short, testing was an utter joke and Bonds is loathed as though he clearly failed the sport. Canseco has stated the testing in MLB was ridiculous and easy to foil. @Dpeck100 I think you could make a solid case Torrie Wilson was juicing.

I think the odds are extremely high. May still be. A lot of the fitness chicks take tons of stuff. She is probably no different.

That said her days in the WWE in the Attitude Era pop up on my IG and it is a great reminder of how awesome she was.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

Billy Kidman also used to date Torrie Wilson so I can't get on board with that logic.

As far as AROD vs Bonds, I somehow forget how crazy some of Barry's #s were. He hit 1.0+ OPS for 17 straight seasons. At his peak roidiness, he was probably the most feared hitter in the history of baseball. Pre-roid Barry stats are still super impressive too. Arod is an all-time great, but he's no Bonds.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

@Huskies11 said:

@Dpeck100 said:

Billy Kidman also used to date Torrie Wilson so I can't get on board with that logic.

As far as AROD vs Bonds, I somehow forget how crazy some of Barry's #s were. He hit 1.0+ OPS for 17 straight seasons. At his peak roidiness, he was probably the most feared hitter in the history of baseball. Pre-roid Barry stats are still super impressive too. Arod is an all-time great, but he's no Bonds.

She upgraded once her stock rose. There are plenty of hot chicks that have dated losers.

Arod has always had a way with the ladies and I am just saying it is a feather in his cap to have been linked to so many hot chicks. He gets my vote.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

They both suck.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

She upgraded once her stock rose. There are plenty of hot chicks that have dated losers.

Arod has always had a way with the ladies and I am just saying it is a feather in his cap to have been linked to so many hot chicks. He gets my vote.

I know I was just kidding. Keibler may have her beat though in terms of post-wrestling boyfriends.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

@Huskies11 said:

I know I was just kidding. Keibler may have her beat though in terms of post-wrestling boyfriends.

Her entrance might be the best ever in wrestling.

• Options
    CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018 2:37PM

I'd vote them both in. Steroids aren't what most people make them out to be. They aren't magic. You still need otherworldly talent and hard work to do what they did no matter what is in the syringe. Hell, we don't even know what their protocol was, there are a lot of compounds out there that do wildly different things. You can pump a replacement player full of various steroids and they aren't becoming Barry Bond or A Rod. They faced many pitchers that were on as well.

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say Bonds as he's the all time HR leader and that record will probably stand for our lifetime. Aron on the other hand is probably best know in the future for being a decent teammate of Jeter.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither will get in...take it to the bank.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

ARod in a heartbeat...…..I DETEST bonds!!!!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

The asterisk should never have been used on Maris. It should be carved in stone beside Bonds. Hank Aaron is still the all-time homerun champ in my book.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

The asterisk should never have been used on Maris. It should be carved in stone beside Bonds. Hank Aaron is still the all-time homerun champ in my book.

They both SUCK!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

That’s the thing though they didn’t. Hate them or not they both were awesome ballplayers. I hated Arod and I liked Bonds, and even before the steroids They were both very good players.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

The HOF is supposed to honor those who played baseball the best, not those who cheated the best.

For the parents out there, if your son got an A+ on a test and your daughter got a B, and you knew your son cheated, do you:

A. Stick your son's test paper on the refrigerator and tell your daughter she should be more like her brother, or
    B. Stick your daughter's test paper on the refrigerator and tell your son he should be more like his sister

Assuming you aren't the worst parent in the history of the world, why do you want the HOF to send a message to your children that you'd be ashamed to send yourself?

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

That’s the thing though they didn’t. Hate them or not they both were awesome ballplayers. I hated Arod and I liked Bonds, and even before the steroids They were both very good players.

ARod was a much better player and a better person than bonds. bonds should never be in the HOF.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018 10:57PM

I'm not too excited about either of them !!! :/

Timbuk3
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

ARod was a much better player and a better person than bonds. bonds should never be in the HOF.

Arod was a Bushleague crybaby when it came down to it, swatting a ball out of the first baseman’s glove because you grounded out? Bonds was a 30/30 and a 40/40 guy

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

Arod was a Bushleague crybaby when it came down to it, swatting a ball out of the first baseman’s glove because you grounded out? Bonds was a 30/30 and a 40/40 guy

It's a matter of personal preference. If we were choosing players and ARod & bonds were both available.....I would take ARod in a heartbeat. Actually I would take anybody over bonds......even Jim Rice! :oB) I LOATH bonds!!!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018 2:52PM

Bonds was a beautiful athelete before he started taking juice. He was like Wille Mays, fast with an ability to hit with power. After he started bulking up, he became much more one dimentional. Jose Canseco was worst example because he got so big he couldn't play in the field, but Bonds was not far behind. A-rod was little smarter with his juice. He didn't turn himself into a human gorilla, but he still cheated and does not belong in the HOF.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018 8:06AM

noone really knows when Bonds started, but back in the early 90's, he was a great athlete. Very fast, great bat. A great 4 tool player as his arm was sub par. you are right though, the Juice did make him one dimensional as he added so much bulk.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

They and the rest of the juicers ALL were good to great ballplayers before they decided to cheat.

Both of these guys had the ability to be in the consideration for GOAT and ruined that.

Along with the others they have surpassed guys who accomplished guys who did not cheat.

All the juicers can pound sand and these two are the worst of the worst.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

It's a matter of personal preference. If we were choosing players and ARod & bonds were both available.....I would take ARod in a heartbeat. Actually I would take anybody over bonds......even Jim Rice! :oB) I LOATH bonds!!!!

But you shouldn’t disregard a guy because you loath him, if you think like JoeBanzai and the steroid issue then sure I get your point

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They both SUCK!

But you shouldn’t disregard a guy because you loath him, if you think like JoeBanzai and the steroid issue then sure I get your point

That's why I LOATH him. The steroids and abuse of women.