Home Precious Metals
Options

$12 Silver near term ?

WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2018 11:50AM in Precious Metals

What do you all think? One thing I found interesting when doing a stock market to silver correlation -- when the market crashed so did silver. And when the stock market correction was over, silver started ramping up (see Oct 2008 to May 2011 where I believe silver ramped from $9 to $50). Still correlations are often broken.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find correlations to be interesting, but rarely predictive.....JMO... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do the same with gold on petro. expand your range and add solar panel to your silver chart.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

The correlation held in the dot.com crash of 2000 and the financial crisis of 2008 -- and also held in the 1987 crash.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see anything that will change the way silver is trending right now. For physical silver, I would expect to see the premiums to get larger as silver heads closer to $10. Many commodities are in a bear market right now...

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2018 3:27PM

Deflation showing up in many asset prices. Markets entering liquidation mode. Housing likely to be next.

Deflation tends to make cash more desirable. 2008 wash, rinse, repeat. For what to expect with PMs, check their history after the last crisis.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt