Home U.S. Coin Forum

Art and coins are cool. Show me sum artistic U.S. coins

markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 9, 2018 10:10AM in U.S. Coin Forum

this is my art, show me some artistic coins !!!

Comments

• RWMRWM Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

Florence is beautiful and like many things the cathedral is even more impressive in person. Looking at your really makes me feel we need some coins from Italy for this post.

• dengadenga Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

The view of the Pantheon in Rome is impressive and well done.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice art... Art on U.S. coins would mostly be older coins... The new coins, for the most part, are more commercial than art. The Platinum series has some nice art...When they stopped the WLH and Buffalo nickels, coin art - at least for circulating coinage - died. Cheers, RickO

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

some

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Very nice art... Art on U.S. coins would mostly be older coins... The new coins, for the most part, are more commercial than art. The Platinum series has some nice art...When they stopped the WLH and Buffalo nickels, coin art - at least for circulating coinage - died. Cheers, RickO

Agreed.

Politics, design-by-committee, govt req's -- all compromise & stifle the art in modern U.S. coins.

Fortunately, it seems that art is thriving in the form of medals, rounds, bars, govt bullion, hand-pours, you-name-it.

And it's encouraging that artists like Heidi Wastweet are on the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2018 12:29AM

Here's some coin art I ran across that I like :)

https://vsemart.com/coin-art/

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Markelman

Nice stuffs.

Are you an architect by any chance??

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice artwork. I like the path towards the water and the city perspective drawing. The latter reminded me of a mural I did years ago (see second picture below).

Before I got into sculpting and engraving tokens and medals I did some drawing and painting.
    Here are two works:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file