Home U.S. Coin Forum

Palladium Slab Crack

HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2019 5:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

@Type2

I read your thread, https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1006322/after-pf-said-she-is-a-perfectionist-i-looked, and found that I have a similar issue.

Crack in the slab over the rim near the AW mark.

I will be calling later to find out the procedures to have this fixed, but wanted to know your results when you called.

Sorry for the bad photo.

Tagged:

Comments

• MrSliderMrSlider Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

That's too bad, such a beautiful coin.

https://tinyurl.com/wbuh7ba (Search PCGS on ebay)

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018 7:17PM

Here is the deal when they go to fix it they will regrade and your 69 could potentially be a 70.

BUT if you got a 70 it could turn into a 69.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than the cost of shipping (to/from) and insurance will the reholder be free?

I am wondering if others have had this problem and what was done for resolution.

I suppose I will need to make a call.

And see what I have that warrants slabbing to make this cost effective.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, how terrible !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called them and they did send me a label to send them back free of charge, they did reholder them the same grades and all but I’m still waiting for them, Hope they send them back soon.

Hoard the keys.
  • RexfordRexford Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Here is the deal when they go to fix it they will regrade and your 69 could potentially be a 70.

BUT if you got a 70 it could turn into a 69.

That's not true, a simple Reholder ($12) does not entail a new grade.

@Type2 said:
    I called them and they did send me a label to send them back free of charge, they did reholder them the same grades and all but I’m still waiting for them, Hope they send them back soon.

Thank you Type2 I will be making that call, too.

Made the call. I explained about a crack on the slab on my Palladium and that it was similar to another’s on this forum.

Had to send pics of the front and back of the slab. Now awaiting a response.

• SetRegistryManagerSetRegistryManager Posts: 168 mod
    edited November 7, 2018 12:53PM

@Hemispherical said:
    @Type2

I read your thread, https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1006322/after-pf-said-she-is-a-perfectionist-i-looked, and found that I have a similar issue.

I will be calling later to find out the procedures to have this fixed, but wanted to know your results when you called.

Sorry for the bad photo.

Hello,

If you have a PCGS holder that has the scratches similar to the one the OP posted, please give our Customer Service Representatives a call at 1-800-447-8848, our team is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 5:00PM PST.

There will be no charge associated with reholdering these coins, including shipping them to and from PCGS.

Our Customer Service Representatives will provide you with a pre-paid and fully insured FedEx label to return them on PCGS's account, they will also provide you with instructions via email on how to complete the submission forms.

Our team will usually request that you provide images so that we can see exactly what you are referring to, if possible please be prepared to provide images upon request.

As always, feel free to post on the forums or give us a call with any questions. In addition to myself, we have quite a few team members monitoring these forums. If it is urgent, the fastest way we can assist you is to give us a call.

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager

@PCGSCSManager said:

@Hemispherical said:
    @Type2

Sorry for the bad photo.

Hello,

If you have a PCGS holder that has the scratches similar to the one the OP posted, please give our Customer Service Representatives a call at 1-800-447-8848, our team is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 5:00PM PST.

There will be no charge associated with reholdering these coins, including shipping them to and from PCGS.

Our Customer Service Representatives will provide you with a pre-paid and fully insured FedEx label to return them on PCGS's account, they will also provide you with instructions via email on how to complete the submission forms.

Our team will usually request that you provide images so that we can see exactly what you are referring to, if possible please be prepared to provide images upon request.

As always, feel free to post on the forums or give us a call with any questions. In addition to myself, we have quite a few team members monitoring these forums. If it is urgent, the fastest way we can assist you is to give us a call.

@PCGSCSManager, thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file