Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A couple of new pick ups in case you missed it

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

During my time off I did some shopping. I'm happy to have added these two coins to my collection. I'm also VERY happy to say I'm back to good health after catching a stomach virus from hell that landed me in the hospital, twice. The entire month of October, one of my favorite months of the year, I've been down and very sick. It feels SOOOOOO good not to be sick anymore and back to myself. I was told by the doctor to eat bananas to help my stomach along. Well, I ate two big bunches of the good ol bananas in about a day and a half. Now I know how women feel when they give birth. I won't go into details but DO NOT eat too many bananas. It's hurts :#
Anyways, I might have shown this colorful quarter eagle before but now I have much better pics of this gorgeous little gem. My good friend, Jeremy, AKA Clarkbar, was going to sell it for some car parts for his beautiful Catalina he's working on and he knew I like this one and asked if I was interested. Yes I sent the money immediately. I'm very happy with this 1913 colorful piece.
Next is a common 1883 no cents. Because is was so pretty I had to add it to my collection. Great surfaces and color.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting, Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe.

As usual, very nice pick ups.

I have been going through and looking at coins that I collected as a YN and some coins that were picked up by me probably 12+ years ago, including Buffalo nickels. I have not looked at them in over a decade. Surprising to me is that I have found in the pile of Buffalo nickels a surprising number of the earlier, more valuable coins. They are all circulated, ranging from AG with barely readable dates to a couple of EF-AU coins.

I will eventually post a thread on what I have found. Fund stuff and I may even start collecting Buffalos. :)

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're feeling better! Yikes.... Drink lots of water with the bananas next time!

Sweet pick-ups!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Joe! And those coins are beauties, as usual.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins. I like the nickel's banana yellow peripheral toning. Oops sorry touchy subject.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you're doing better. :)

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick ups, glad you're feeling better, I've always found banana's to be a slippery slope

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're doing better. Nice pair, I like it, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good looking coins! Glad you're feeling better!!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins Joe. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I know what banana's can do......ouch!

Keep on keeping on bud! :);)

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins. Feel better!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear you are healthy again...Yeah, bananas or green apples... make you to the 'quick step' dance to the throne.... :s That is a very nice Indian....amazing detail. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent coins!

Collector, occasional seller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file