Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Was the us mint at baltimore??

Hi all. For those who went to baltimore , was the us mint there?? Just wondering

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

no

• Options

Thanks

• Options

They were in Greenville, SC at the South Carolina Numismatic Association show.

No good deed goes unpunished

carolinacollectorcoins.com
  • Options

Yes, I was in Greenville as well. Just wondering if they were at both shows

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

How was the Greenville show? About how many dealers were there? I didn’t realize the mint was going to be there

• Options

Greenville was good. Would have been fuller had it not been same weekend as baltimore. I was pleasantly surprised to see the mint there as well. Just selling retail. No cool displays of 33 gold or anything like that. But still a great job by the bourse chair to get them there!

Thare were maybe at least 50 dealers there. Tough to estimate.

It was a sc state numismatic assoc show and the number and dedication of volunteers was fantastic as there were some great exhibits , a yn corner , boy scout merit badge, and I believe an awards banquet I missed.

Anyways stop by next year if your in the area

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm such a dummy!! When I read your post's title, I thought "No, the Mint was never in Baltimore, I've never seen a 'B' mint mark on a coin."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the Mint often goes to the large shows, did not realize they went to the smaller venues. I guess they have to sell all those mint and proof sets somehow... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    I'm such a dummy!! When I read your post's title, I thought "No, the Mint was never in Baltimore, I've never seen a 'B' mint mark on a coin."

Make that 2 dummies...

I thought for sure it's going to be a history lesson dugged up by Mr. Roger B.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I know the Mint often goes to the large shows, did not realize they went to the smaller venues. I guess they have to sell all those mint and proof sets somehow... ;) Cheers, RickO”

Not to mention a nice haul of palladium coins at no limit to customers! Wish I was there. Was in Tokyo at the time! I might have bought enough coins to get my next business class ticket to Japan for free! Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file