Home U.S. Coin Forum

Which Cherry Pickers guide to get?

I’ve been away from coins for a while now. I wanted to pick up a Cherry Pickers guide. If I only pick up one of the volumes. Which would be the best to get?

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on if you collect cents to nickels or dimes to dollars. Suggest you get both vols. Books are nice to have and often pay for themselves over time.

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get both volumes.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

No picking. You are not King Solomon. Vol. 1 is only cents to nickels. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the info is online, but if you want an easy reference all in one place, get them both. Interesting read if you know little about varieties.
    It's not all inclusive by a long shot, though. There are still some significant varieties that should have been included before others, without making both volumes phone book size (of course.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

You would probably want both, but 6th Edition Vol 1 is out, but Vol 2 is not, so you would need to get 5th Edition Vol 2 as its mate. Unless you only collect cents or nickels I can't imagine only getting one volume. JMO
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you only get one, you will quickly find you need the second one....I bought volume one, then found myself needing information on dimes through dollars... Just seems to work that way... So I got the second one....I honestly use them both about equally....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file