Home Precious Metals

The Midterms and Precious Metals

FHCFHC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2018 3:56PM in Precious Metals

Thanks for the opinions. Well apparently the midterms didn't have much effect on the metals, just the stock market. Upward trend on the stock market might keep metal prices lower. Stack on fellow stackers!

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

none

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 2:40PM

There is a very interesting interview with Dr. Dave Janda on Greg Hunter's WatchdogUSA website. I've heard of Dave Janda before, but this is the first time I've listened to any of his stuff. Very very interesting.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would anticipate that:

If the dems win the house, the expectation will be more infighting/turmoil/and lack of forward progression.
    Therefore, I would expect the stock market to be volatile and move downward.
    There, I would expect PMs to edge up....as a counter.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It all depends on who wins control.... As Bochiman said, lack of progress will cause turmoil and market slump....Cheers, RickO

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zero effect. Both sides just a bunch of liars and cheats. Willing to sell out America for their own personal gains. Debt increases and paper ponzi bubbles increase no matter who's running the show. Semper Fi! Stack on!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see no effect and zero correlation.

HE>I

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Don’t see anything moving short term , the bigger question is , “how many bubbles are out there? And does digging a bigger debt hole even matter anymore? I see college loans and increasing debt a HUGE problem, plus complete lack of faith in either side with any plan to fix anything.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 9:21AM

@dennis1219 said:
    Don’t see anything moving short term , the bigger question is , “how many bubbles are out there? And does digging a bigger debt hole even matter anymore? I see college loans and increasing debt a HUGE problem, plus complete lack of faith in either side with any plan to fix anything.

you could put this in the "Gold Is Always Better Than Money In The Bank" thread.

I think bigger debt will matter later, but not right now. sure gold has tripled since 2004 and the national debt, too; but, there is the 'no end in sight' thing to the national debt. the time for action is now and that's not happening under the republicans and the democrats haven't any new ideas. why isn't gold at $5,000 ? Lack of fear.

The effect of midterms on gold: none. there is no fear.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mid-terms will have little effect - or significant effect.... depending on which way they go...Of course, it will all be nothing compared to what could happen when the big bubble bursts.....Cheers, RickO

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

interest rate hikes are the current motivator.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

The only thing that is certain, whatever the expectation, expect the opposite. Politics and market predictions don't work very well.

• FHCFHC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭

Bump

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018 6:57AM

not to go off topic but my daughters are both near full term. :blush:

HE>I