Options

Walker Buehler's Day Off.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well not today. Perfect through 2!

;)

Comments

• Options

End of 7 and Buehler pulled. Pitch count be damned this is the world series.

LA will regret the move.

• Options

Tied. Didn't take long.

• Options

Koufax would have stayed in. Game has gotten wimpy.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cy Young wouldn't have retired at 30 because of a sore arm. Game has gotten wimpy.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Cyclone played well into his 40's.

• Options

Six hours of baseball. This is sure exciting for the non Boston/Dodgers fan.

• Options

Too bad that Commemman isn't here to tell us that this is the best game that he has ever seen.

;)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forget what the new overtime rules are for baseball?

• Options

What happens if this game continues on until next season?

Would they delay the opening of the 2019 baseball season or just sort of intermingle this continuing game somehow into the schedule?

• Options

This is baseball's version of the ironman competition.

• Options

I guess today is Buehler's day off.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Six hours of baseball. This is sure exciting for the non Boston/Dodgers fan.

Yes, if you are a Sox fan you think too much about curses.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I stayed with the game and congrats to Boston on the win. Last several innings were on my radio and the announcer noted that half the seat holders (can you really call them fans) had departed.

It could have been a blizzard in Detroit or Cleveland or NYC...or Boston, and nobody is walking out of a World Series game.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 11:39AM

@Coinstartled said:
    I stayed with the game and congrats to Boston on the win. Last several innings were on my radio and the announcer noted that half the seat holders (can you really call them fans) had departed.

It could have been a blizzard in Detroit or Cleveland or NYC...or Boston, and nobody is walking out of a World Series game.

Huh? Up here in NorCal they told us the Dodgers won. Was that fake news? I guess you are being "funny" saying Boston won. The funny thing is, to me, I thought the Dodger fans stayed later in the game than normal. Way too much going on in LA to be that concerned about team sports. A lot of the other cities just put more credence into their sports teams. Not sure what's better!?

• Options

Odd...I did an edit and it didn't complete properly.

I was at one 19 or so inning game in Detroit in 1984. Left after about 17 and it wasn't my idea. Can't imagine leaving a World Series game, but I can't imagine living in LA either.