Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Please Watch for Card

I won 1966 Santo PSA #41853802 from PWCC recently and the tracking number shows it was delivered Monday, but it wasn't in my mailbox nor was there a key. I reported it to USPS, and please be 100% clear that no blame attaches to PWCC, but if the card turns up, please let me know.

Alex Relyea

Comments

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

The most likely scenario is that it was accidentally delivered to a neighbor. Have you checked with the people next door?

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

The same thing happened to me recently. The tracking said delivered/in at mailbox. Within 30 minutes of the status update I was at the mailbox, but no package. My mailbox is one of the locking kind where there are multiple boxes all together so likely not theft. I think they just put the key in the wrong mailbox. I waited the required 7 days before logging a claim on the USPS website. On day 8 one of my neighbors turned up at my door with the package. I cancelled the claim and everyone was happy.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Hope it turns up, I've had cards delivered to wrong addresses and I got them eventually, even the cards I sent that USPS was slow to deliver and refunds were sent, those cards showed up and I got the money back. Most people are honest.

That's a sweet Ron Santo, I have the same card in a PSA 9, you did a little better price wise than I did. Are you collecting the 1966 Set ?

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    On day 8 one of my neighbors turned up at my door with the package. I cancelled the claim and everyone was happy.

day 8? as in they had your package for 8 days? man when I get misdelivered mail, I walk it right over to the neighbors from the box.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@PaulMaul said:
    The most likely scenario is that it was accidentally delivered to a neighbor. Have you checked with the people next door?

Agreed. I know I got a package a couple of months ago for the young, female couple across the street. It was not well packaged and ripped open. It was easy to see it was a, um ...…. female stimulation device. Not wanting to be thought of as the creepy old guy across the street that opened their mail, I waited until neither of them were home to drop it off on their porch.

You know, I have seen a few movies where in that EXACT scenario a guy in your shoes walked across the street, said ‘I have a package for you’ and ended up having the time of his life!

;)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if these guys found it?

Kevin

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stinks. Same thing happened to me a few years back. I know seller sent it but we had a stash of thefts in my building of packages. Installed cameras and it is better now but out one pretty good card.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey Mays said:
    Hope it turns up, I've had cards delivered to wrong addresses and I got them eventually, even the cards I sent that USPS was slow to deliver and refunds were sent, those cards showed up and I got the money back. Most people are honest.

That's a sweet Ron Santo, I have the same card in a PSA 9, you did a little better price wise than I did. Are you collecting the 1966 Set ?

Nope. Just a few cards.

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@krisd3279 said:
    On day 8 one of my neighbors turned up at my door with the package. I cancelled the claim and everyone was happy.

day 8? as in they had your package for 8 days? man when I get misdelivered mail, I walk it right over to the neighbors from the box.

Mellennials....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

You know, I have seen a few movies where in that EXACT scenario a guy in your shoes walked across the street, said ‘I have a package for you’ and ended up having the time of his life!

;)

If...IF, they had any interest in my kind, that time has passed me by. At my age, I would end up spraining something or worse. I'm sure it would be a major disappointment for all involved.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Good news! A key showed up in my mailbox tonight for this package. No idea why it took three weeks.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - glad to hear Alex.

Is it possible it went to the wrong box and it took this long for the PO to redeliver it?

Good news tonite.

Mike
  • slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've had mail delivered to my old address before .. the house is torn down.. its just a mailbox on a fence and a new house being built .. gave postal new address and they still send it to the old sometimes. the new owners have phoned a few times for pick up

@Stone193 said:
    Wow - glad to hear Alex.

Is it possible it went to the wrong box and it took this long for the PO to redeliver it?

Good news tonite.

Anything is possible, but there were two other packages that got delivered correctly the same day.

Thank you for your good wishes.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad it turned up for you.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Glad it turned up for you.

agreed!!!