Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Autographed 1992 Dream Team Basketball

I have a 1992 Dream Team ball that is signed by all 12 players and all four coaches (14 HOFers). It's signed on a Molten ball (the official ball of the 1992 Olympics) and it's fully authenticated by JSA. All the Dream Team balls that I've seen sold at auction either don't have all 16 signatures or they are on an NBA ball (not a Molten ball) so I don't have an accurate basis to put a value on this.

If you were to send something like this to an auction house to get the best net price, which two would you consider? Also, what value would you put on something like this?

See pics below

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool having it on the ball from the Olympics.

• Options

WOW !!! Once you sell this, you will be one hell of a wealthy man !!!

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018 10:00AM

I think the hammer price would be $4,500 to $6,500. You'd get hammer price minus whatever consignment rate you negotiated. Buyer would pay hammer price plus buyer's premium. Just cut out the middle man and advertise it yourself on various forums and FB message groups. Should you choose to use an auction house, for that piece, I'd choose Heritage or REA. Good luck, it's a cool ball.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018 5:00PM

The last one like this sold for nearly 10K at that was with a less than compelling listing by the AH, as I recall.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Here's one that just sold for $38K at Heritage. Now I'm not a sports writer and my ball doesn't have the player's numbers on it, but mine's on a Molten ball, it has all four coaches (3 of the 4 coaches are HOFers) and my ball doesn't have a "crack" going through it.

I know mine isn't close to $38K, but I would think that it would be closer to a 5-digit figure.