Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A little help with this ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting that you waited 3 1/2 years to comment again on this thread. What have you been up to?

• Options

Well to answer your question jedm, life has thrown me some pretty unsettling events and ive had to climb some mountians since ive been here .. ive always had the interest in coins but havent been able to devote much time for it in the past. I know very little about all the ins and outs but im eager to learn from yall . ( No i wasnt in prison)..
    Any who,
    I recently went swan diving the dumpster in a condemned complex of old cabins and sifted through nasty debris and left over crap from previous tenants.. and found two bags. One with all wheat cents (maybe 75 total) and one with Lincoln cents. (75ish also). All were pretty good condition, in my opinion .
    If any one could teach me something about it id be super appreciative!! Something worth keeping? These are just some i picked out, should i post pictures of all the wheats?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are going to want to pick up a redbook or something similar. https://amazon.com/Guide-Book-United-States-Coins/dp/0794848907
    You can also look at online price guides. There is PhotoGrade tool that PCGS has available, the link is at the bottom of their webpage under recourses that can help you with grading skills.
    Compare the dates of the coins you found to the prices in the price guide. If you have one that is worth much more than the rest then you might have something. The Lincolns you posted here are common, though not sure what is up with that 192?-S.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file