DELETED .... PLEASE MOVE ON

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU58; 1854

BTW, awesome give-away!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're getting closer and closer to the drawing. Give us a hint, has anybody zeroed in on it with the right guess? Just wondering, there are soooo many possibilities. B)

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    1. MS62
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2018 9:03PM

5 days to go

Have a wonderful week!

<3

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

ON A STONE ;)

@Onastone said:
    We're getting closer and closer to the drawing. Give us a hint, has anybody zeroed in on it with the right guess? Just wondering, there are soooo many possibilities. B)

That was good!

• Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

1885 AU58. Thanks for the chance!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    Sun DiegoSun Diego Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

1863, Cleaned, AU Details

• Options

Not a cleaned coin ..... you may try again if you wish B)

@Sun Diego said:
    1863, Cleaned, AU Details

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

1857 MS61

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    zippyzipzippyzip Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 2:15PM

You would think that the cheaters would at least admit to cheating like I did, by looking on eBay.

LOL on the dude even mentioning the "Slanted 5".

Updated, actually 3 dudes mentioned the '"Slanted 5". No shame!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

1856 au55

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    EstimEstim Posts: 3 ✭✭

1856 AU 53

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

1873 AU53

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I see on the beach are big fat pigs, I need to go see Paradise some day.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Welcome back & Thank you for your participation <3

@spacehayduke said:
    1856 au55

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

1858, MS60

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 6:22PM

1858 and AU55

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a trip to HI some many years ago the boy was 10 and the girl was 7. Friends told us to check out Big beach and Little beach. Of course we violated our lease agreement as we were not allowed to go off pavement. Found it, parked (worried about getting stuck in that sand) and headed off. Set up on Big beach, of course, and enjoyed ourselves for an hour or so. Kids noted people coming and going up the trail to Little beach...can we check it out Dad? Sure, go ahead, just don't stay too long. After an hour or more we, Mom and Dad, made the trek over the point to little beach....Saw the sign, clothing optional.....oh my said I. Oh crap said Mom. Got to watch son boogie boarding into the shore.....ended up right between the legs of a ..................in a birthday suit.
    Needless to say they both saw it all and there was no longer any point in making the quick retreat to Big beach. Found them and said something like, uh, guys, we need to get back to the hotel, best be coming along now...................

bob :)
    I am quite certain our friends that recommended this spot has one hell of a good laugh, at our expense.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 11:12PM

@zippyzip This is just a reminder of watching your steps and has nothing to do with donkey unless you choose to.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make-a-Wish is always looking for donations, if you ever get tired of casting pearls before... Never mind :)

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

You've compromised my contest as well as intentionally demeaning your colleagues at CU.

I have to CANCEL until further notice ........ IT IS UNFORTUNATE INDEED.

@zippyzip said:
    You would think that the cheaters would at least admit to cheating like I did, by looking on eBay.

LOL on the dude even mentioning the "Slanted 5".

Updated, actually 3 dudes mentioned the '"Slanted 5". No shame!

Just have people guess a number between 1 and 500. Closest without going over wins. Only one that can know the number is you and it eliminates cheating. Maybe require guessers to have more than 50 posts so people don't join just to win the coin.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    I never have understood why some people have to "cheat", or try to ruin things for others, or even why they try to tell them what to do on their own threads/giveaways.

Pretty sad how some people get their jollies.

You’re right. What was I thinking.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o:s:# No worries. Remember, I have Patience !!! :*

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about the problem, but what happened?
    I was away a day & all heck broke loose?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trick or Treat ?

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record, I guessed 1856 Slanted 5, which, according to the troll, is the correct answer.

No, I didn't look on eBay. Didn't even think to.

I did use Coinfacts to match the obvious weakness of "I" in "AMERICA".

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that bites! @Paradisefound ... thanks for the fun while it lasted. Your heart was in the right place.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2018 11:08AM

Tis is a TRICK or TREAT

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eyy I got the grade right at least. :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

I BELIEVE you and good job on the search/study; I greatly appreciate your participation <3

@jerseycat101 said:
    For the record, I guessed 1856 Slanted 5, which, according to the troll, is the correct answer.

No, I didn't look on eBay. Didn't even think to.

I did use Coinfacts to match the obvious weakness of "I" in "AMERICA".

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BlindedByEgo said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and call it an 1856 Slanted 5 in AU58, NGC holdered. Hope I win :D

This! thanks for typing it for me.

• Options

OK ...... you are in; feels like affirmative action but please do NOT go political on this thread :D

@BlindedByEgo said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and call it an 1856 Slanted 5 in AU58, NGC holdered. Hope I win :D

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again PF is far too kind and generous.

I will give myself some credit for guessing the correct date (I looked up the years that were minted and 1856 was one of the more common dates) and the correct grade, AU, although I was off by a few #s on the scale. That is a major personal victory for me, at least. :p

Let me be the first to congratulate the winner, whoever it may be!

• Options
    edited October 31, 2018 11:39AM

I am inviting @zippyzip to participate as well ....... seriously o:)Lets make PEACE and NOT .....

@JBK said:
    Once again PF is far too kind and generous.

I will give myself some credit for guessing the correct date (I looked up the years that were minted and 1856 was one of the more common dates) and the correct grade, AU, although I was off by a few #s on the scale. That is a major personal victory for me, at least. :p

Let me be the first to congratulate the winner, whoever it may be!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here... I got the grade right... :)

This discussion has been closed.