Home Sports Talk
Options

Ernie Harwell and Pee Wee Reese.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call game 7 WS 1968.

This will take way less than 4 hours. :o;)

https://youtu.be/9Riu3tSUoXY

Comments

• Options
    edited October 21, 2018 6:49PM

Forget (or more likely didn't know) that Roger Maris closed his career in this game.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cardinals have never played the Dodgers in the WS! This had to be the NLCS and the Cards went on to play Detroit in the WS. :)

• Options
    edited October 21, 2018 7:52PM

The XXXgers may have thrown you off Jon. this was Cardinals-Tigers. No playoffs in 1968. You won the pennant, it was World Series time.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    The XXXgers may have thrown you off Jon. this was Cardinals-Tigers. No playoffs in 1968. You won the pennant, it was World Series time.

Yes, that was the good ole days. You had a season....then the WS....no playoff crap!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

Yes, that was the good ole days. You had a season....then the WS....no playoff crap!!

Baseball had 10 leagues before it broke up into the divisional play. What would it be, 16 teams leagues if there were not divisions? I think that would kill attendance because so many teams would be out of the running by June.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

Baseball had 10 leagues before it broke up into the divisional play. What would it be, 16 teams leagues if there were not divisions? I think that would kill attendance because so many teams would be out of the running by June.

You do mean 2 leagues...right? There never have been 10 to my knowledge.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Forget (or more likely didn't know) that Roger Maris closed his career in this game.

Although he didn't play in this game (only games 1 & 4), Eddie Mathews also ended his career with this game.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Coinstartled said:

Although he didn't play in this game (only games 1 & 4), Eddie Mathews also ended his career with this game.

With the Tigers. Correct.