Home Sports Talk
Options

Big congrats to Purdue University football team

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a stellar performance against Ohio State. You gave new meaning to the term crushing the opponent.

49-20...THAT is a serious beat down. Couldn't have happened to a more ego driven, self-centered coach, who's team will now drop a few pegs down from #2.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it make any sense to give advanced degrees to chickens then eat them ?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Does it make any sense to give advanced degrees to chickens then eat them ?

bronc.....I need help with this one........it went totally over my head. :/B)

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

And hit me right on the knees. LOL
    Yes Congrats to Purdue and best wishes to that brave young man fighting a terrible disease.
    BTW the reasons we lost are we had to play the entire game against the wind, the sun was always in our eyes, Purdue brought their own officials, and they were allowed to have extra players on the field all game long. There are additional reasons we lost I can't recall at the moment. Ask Garnett, he knows.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive win.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

purdue chicken commercials ? I seem to recall one where frank said purdue chickens were smartest

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Cant win them all. Buckeyes had the longest winning streak among the power five. Last year they lost to Iowa by 31. And then the next week they beat Michigan state 48-3, and went on to win the conference.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

The Buckeyes have as good a shot at winning the BIG Championship as anyone. If they do it will be two years in a row there will be no BIG team in the final four.

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    The Buckeyes have as good a shot at winning the BIG Championship as anyone. If they do it will be two years in a row there will be no BIG team in the final four.

Any one loss big ten champion will be in. Maybe not if ND goes undefeated.

• Options

Wow...Ohio State drops to # 11.

Glad I'm not on that practice field today. I think uber-ego will be hell on wheels. 48-20 is gonna sting for a long time.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018 9:46AM

Michigan may be able to take out THE OSU this year.

Nah...Harbaugh will screw it up.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2018 3:45AM

• Options
    edited October 23, 2018 6:13AM

STILL got HAMMERED by a non rated team...Purdue..._f--o-r-t-y- n-i-n-e to 20. And, dropped to 11th place.

Enjoy that!!!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    STILL got HAMMERED by a non rated team...Purdue..._f--o-r-t-y- n-i-n-e to 20. And, dropped to 11th place.

Enjoy that!!!

Good. Maybe that hammering will wake them up, like last year.

Who is your team?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

The this season is going, it might be Alabama and then everyone else.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Instead of being a bit humble over your team's worst beating in school history to a 2 TD, non ranked underdog, who clubbed your team by more than 4 touchdowns, you chose to post smack with a pic of your doofus coach and some nonesense about Michigan.

Oh yeah, wasn't he the same coach involved in some "incident" concerning wife abuse, where he stated "I shouldh've done more", or did I miss something??? KARMA!!

Be careful, this may well be Michigan's year and push your team further down the line.

It matters not who my favorite team is, but right now it's anybody but OSU. I really don't care for any back and forth, I got no dog in the OSU arena...but I so did enjoy watching them get SLAMMED 49-20.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@garnettstyle said:

Enjoy that!!!

Who is your team?

Based on how old MC-Hammer (I mean topps) is, I'm guessing he's either an Army or Navy
    fan. :)

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drew Brees and @cpamike approve of this message. Go Boilers!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

Instead of being a bit humble over your team's worst beating in school history to a 2 TD, non ranked underdog, who clubbed your team by more than 4 touchdowns, you chose to post smack with a pic of your doofus coach and some nonesense about Michigan.

Oh yeah, wasn't he the same coach involved in some "incident" concerning wife abuse, where he stated "I shouldh've done more", or did I miss something??? KARMA!!

Be careful, this may well be Michigan's year and push your team further down the line.

It matters not who my favorite team is, but right now it's anybody but OSU. I really don't care for any back and forth, I got no dog in the OSU arena...but I so did enjoy watching them get SLAMMED 49-20.

What I thought. You have zero credibility if you refuse to answer my question. Just keep hiding behind your computer screen lol.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2018 2:37AM

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Options

Might have been me, but I used a bit more emphasis for effect...SLAMMED 49-20

Cool pic Bullsitter.

• Options
    edited October 25, 2018 10:00PM

:D:D:D:D:D

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the Boilermakers !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2018 5:09AM

Wow, greatest loss in Ohio State history when a NON ranked, 2 touchdown underdog team HAMMERED them 49-20.

Those who can't handle the loss post garbage about beating other teams, instead of sucking up the loss...pathetic, poor sport...looooozers. Well, he's covered nonesense about Michigan, now Alabama...I guess he'll try to hide behind every other OSU accomplishment instead of sucking up the fact that a "nobody" team took his team to the woodshed and totally demolished them in what shouldh've been an easy cake walk win. forty nine to a paltry 20.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the coach...you know, the one that kinda tried to overlook stuff about one of his assitants beating up on his wife...yeah, that one. Classy guy that Urban.

Yes indeed, Congrats to the Boilermakers!!! :)

• Options
    edited October 26, 2018 5:16AM

• Options

In addition to my two posts above...I couldn't resist these 2 pics. Urban eating pizza alone, out of a box, while sitting on a golf cart under the stadium...to be fair (as others probably wouldn't be), the Urban pic was taken some time ago. We should almost have a caption contest...but, I think his obvious loneliness and dejection says it all. He had to feel this way after the Purdue debacle.

Then we have Jeff, uber winner. Can we say one last time...49-20.

I'm done with this...so Garnettstyle can cry a little more.

• Options

• Options
    edited October 26, 2018 12:02PM

• Options

"Boy, after this Purdue POUNDING, I'm gonna have to fake another heart attack if we lose to Michigan"

• Options

• Options

1970s...poster of the month!! Great stuff

Thanks for the grins!!

• Options

@1970s said:
    In 1978 Alabama was a 1 point favorite over Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl. Woody Hayes got his team taken to the shed 35-6 by Alabama. Bear Bryant enjoyed every second of it. LOL.

• Options

Don't be surprised if LSU does too.

Ralph

• Options

@1970s said:
    In 1978 Alabama was a 1 point favorite over Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl. Woody Hayes got his team taken to the shed 35-6 by Alabama. Bear Bryant enjoyed every second of it. LOL.

Sugar bowl is never a neutral site for Alabama. But nice try. Back in the days when people still had black and white TV's.
    Too bad the Buckeyes didn't play them in 2003 with their fantastic 4 win season :D:D
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/2003-schedule.html

• Options

• Options

Woody had tiny hands, I never saw him throw a punch against an Alabama team.

• Options

All time winningest head coaches in history...... B)

7 - Urban Meyer - 851%

57 - Bear Bryant - 780%

61 - Nick Saban - 778%