Home Sports Talk
Options

Ah, the joy of looking for World Series tickets in Boston

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 20, 2018 7:20AM in Sports Talk

For grins I did a little surfing, already knowing how blatantly obscene prices would be...

For dugout seats behind the Red Sox, you will pony up a paltry $25,000 PER TICKET ! Lest we forget the insanity of trying to park near Fenway (yup, been there, done that), some prices exceed $300. So, if you want to see the game, in those seats and in the very limited parking around Fenway, a mere $50k+ should do it. Yes, there are cheaper seats, but SRO areas are going for over $400 per ticket...and, other dugout seats are a bargain in the upper teens to lower $20ks. Pls remember to add tax. ;) Bleacher seats are extremely pricey as well given the location. Let the gouging begin. Stubhub.com will pop your eyes.

Didn't surf monster seats, those have to be truly beyond astronomical, as in interstellar space prices.

Methinks the best seat in the house is right where I'll be...that 65" tv is crystal clear, no parking issues, no food issues, no bathroom issues, no traffic hassle after the game, just a mere click of the remote does it all. B)

GO RED SOX

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having sat in the seats down the right field line, which are at bad angle and sometimes behind girders, I’ll watch the games at home on my nice comfy couch with some reasonably priced refreshments, thank you. The seats out in right field behind the bull pens are nothing write home about either.

The Boston fanatics love Fenway Park, but if you have ever attended a game at a place like Camden Yards, you wonder what makes the Boston fans tick. Heck, it’s even more comfortable at Tropicana Field in St. Pete, despite the fact that so many people seem to hate the place.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I don't fit in those $25,000 seats anyway so guess I will just stay at home in front of my big screen tv. It's been 30 years since I was in Fenway and it was not comfortable for me then. and my a$$ was a lot smaller then.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't pay $7 to see a baseball game. For a true fan though, $400 for standing room is not bad (assuming the joints can take it).

No TV will ever replicate the being there experience.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Fenway seats may be uncomfortable, that is true. But the ballpark is amazing. I hadn't been there in many years, and went to a game over the summer when I was visiting family.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

25k :#

I'd better catch a foul ball or at least have a ball player hand me one to justify that. :)